Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.20.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you referring to 2018.5.0e38763?

If so, I got
You are right he was talking about 2018.20.5 but there actually was a 2018.5 but only for beta testers. Like what we are seeing now with 2018.21.

This was back in Feb. 2018 ==> 2018.5 cc4a6ce
Huh..... I know about the betas but thought they showed up on TeslaFi...

Is there another master list? :D

Got a Model X Loaner today with this update 2018.20.5 0e38763 ready to be installed.... so I updated it. Apparently my lack of LTE was't related to my MCU on my model S. So it's back getting a new LTE antenna in the mirror. Hopefully that will do it. Kind of weird that they couldn't tell what was causing the lack of connectivity.

But I digress.... The model X loaner right after installing got update is toward the left side of the lane for the first 50 miles, then very slightly improves, but still more towards the left. I wish I would had driven the vehicle before installing the update. There is only 2000 miles on it, so perhaps it's still calibrating?

I'm curious to know if this is a matter of calibration or what. It's pretty significant left bias to the point that multiple disengagements are needed around other cars because it looms so close to the lane line.

Anyone else experience such a thing? I will know for sure when I get my model S back likely with the same update.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Got a Model X Loaner today with this update 2018.20.5 0e38763 ready to be installed.... so I updated it. Apparently my lack of LTE was't related to my MCU on my model S. So it's back getting a new LTE antenna in the mirror. Hopefully that will do it. Kind of weird that they couldn't tell what was causing the lack of connectivity.

But I digress.... The model X loaner right after installing got update is toward the left side of the lane for the first 50 miles, then very slightly improves, but still more towards the left. I wish I would had driven the vehicle before installing the update. There is only 2000 miles on it, so perhaps it's still calibrating?

I'm curious to know if this is a matter of calibration or what. It's pretty significant left bias to the point that multiple disengagements are needed around other cars because it looms so close to the lane line.

Anyone else experience such a thing? I will know for sure when I get my model S back likely with the same update.

My Model S did this on delivery but it was due to alignment issues. After getting the alignment fixed at a service center, all was good again.

I have always noticed (and complained about) a left side bias when driving next to a median wall, or vehicle. It's the biggest limitation for me using the HOV lane. AP2 seems to work much better when driving in a lane with lanes (or at least open space in the case of a median wall) on either side, and seems to have an easier time making leftward sweeping turns than rightward sweeping turns as well. The only thing I noticed that might have improved with this update is a reduction in the "drunk steering" - going side to side quickly in a lane - when in AP2 going under 10 mph.

Reactions: croman
One thing I noticed on this update thus far is that recognition of stopped cars far ahead seems to be improved. FWIW
Compared to what? I’ve seen this on 2018.20 also, where it slows down seeing a car stopped ahead even before it’s on the screen. (Yes, I know it ‘doesn’t see stopped cars.’ Shoot me.). When I’m on TACC/AP and going down the road, coming up to a traffic light with cars at it, the car does see cars there and slows for them. On 2018.20 and even before with 2018.12. So, FWIW...

My S was also at the SC and came back with 2018.20. I had requested an update and also the maps update since I don't have WIFI in the garage and the maps update was huge. I had been at 2018.16 + old maps and I got both updates. Then the next day, June 1, I got 2018.20.5 OTA. I was a pleasantly surprised about the OTA update. My SC visit included the LTE upgrade. Dunno if that helped with the OTA.

FWIW, the S85 loaner I had for a week had something like 2018.12 and it lives at the SC. I was a little surprised by that too. Still I got some compliments for the loaner (including a certifiable pretty girl compliment) but damn I was happy to get my own S back.

Yes, I was referring to 2018.20.5 0e38763...just didn't have my phone with me to get the suffix when I posted. Haven't seen anything new with th is release, except a reduction in the very low speed pig-ponging in the lane when on AP2...was hoping for more, of course :)

Compared to what? I’ve seen this on 2018.20 also, where it slows down seeing a car stopped ahead even before it’s on the screen. (Yes, I know it ‘doesn’t see stopped cars.’ Shoot me.). When I’m on TACC/AP and going down the road, coming up to a traffic light with cars at it, the car does see cars there and slows for them. On 2018.20 and even before with 2018.12. So, FWIW...
Compared to .16, I’m starting to wonder if it sees brake lights. Either that or maybe picking up in very subtle movement ahead,... I am annoying myself with this speculation because It’s so subjective

As noted in the *.21 thread despite searching for 20.5 - meh:

Just got 20.5 this morning - no discernible difference so far. Still phantom braking, much to the consternation of those behind me.

Tangentially, a little transparency with regard to what’s expected at the advent of 8.2 would be... spiffeh.

No, I did not bring enough for everybody.

Your comment is confusing.
1. Yes, I know it doesn't see stopped cars.
2. coming up to a traffic light with cars at it, the car does see cars there and slows for them.

Are you saying that the cars at the traffic light were NOT STOPPED. Or, they at one point they were not stopped when AP saw them. Confused.....

My position is that since 2018.10.4 my car WILL see STOPPED CARS at a stop light and they were NOT "tracked" before while they were moving. This is completely different then before 2018.10.4. I was certain that I was not the only person posting about this.

Reactions: S100D and croman
According to SC today they pulled all versions of 2018.20 and are not pushing that version anymore. Yesterday my loaner got 2018.20.5, but today when I picked up my Model S from the SC they said it stays on 2018.18.2 and they cannot push 2018.20 versions anymore as of today. Wonder what went wrong?

Compared to .16, I’m starting to wonder if it sees brake lights. Either that or maybe picking up in very subtle movement ahead,... I am annoying myself with this speculation because It’s so subjective
Nope. Since 2018.10.4 my car definitely stops for cars that are stopped at a stop light. This happens way too many times since 2018.10.4 where before that it failed pretty much every time. Cars are not all of sudden just moving back at forth at the light to fake out Teslas. And no, they were not tracked before I came up on them (which did work before 10.4). There were not in the IC and they were well out in front before they were picked up and then my car comes to a stop. And, I am on TACC/AS. If you assume that RADAR can not pick up a car at a complete stop then either that is wrong or the camera is picking them up.

According to SC today they pulled all versions of 2018.20 and are not pushing that version anymore. Yesterday my loaner got 2018.20.5, but today when I picked up my Model S from the SC they said it stays on 2018.18.2 and they cannot push 2018.20 versions anymore as of today. Wonder what went wrong?
FYI... According to TeslaFI, 12 cars got 2018.20.5 today. Most recent was 4:35pm in Texas on a Model 3. Before that was 11:38am on a S100D in New York.

FYI... According to TeslaFI, 12 cars got 2018.20.5 today. Most recent was 4:35pm in Texas on a Model 3. Before that was 11:38am on a S100D in New York.

Huh, seems odd, but would not be the first time the SC had bad info. Odd that I was on the SC WiFi and had a ticket open for a full day and did not get the upgrade though.