Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.20.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up from SC with 2018.20.5

Attachments

• D5E0C7F0-936E-48F6-B777-8ADF3A9CF4F7.jpeg
    D5E0C7F0-936E-48F6-B777-8ADF3A9CF4F7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
I just picked up my car from service with it installed. I didn't notice anything new, (beside the maps, but those were a prior release) but I was also updating from .12, so I'm not sure I'd be able to attribute it to this versus any of the other upgrades.

I just received this update. I just got my 2017 S90D AP2 MCU1 back today from the SC with 2018.20 loaded, drove home, sat down, and got the notice another update was available. Didn't see anything about it online yet. Went out to the car, and sure enough, there's a new upgrade staged....first time I've ever gotten an update before seeing it on the forums....it's loading now, so we'll see what we get later tonight :)

Are you referring to 2018.5.0e38763?

If so, I got that today as well.

Nothing new in the release notes. Shows same stuff as before (mobile connector update notification, navigation in beta, etc.). At least in the Model S. Perhaps the release notes for X or 3 are different.

Of course as we all know, Tesla makes many undocumented changes (some big, some small).

I personally would like to see more transparency in the release notes. They don't have to be ultra specific. Could be things like, "Improved AutoPilot Neural Network" or "Improved Slacker stream reliability".

Reactions: 3mp_kwh
Looks like 25 folks on TeslaFi have it starting 5/31 AM. I’m thinking no one got the email about it for S/X from TeslaFi as I didn’t that I can find and I’ve entered a bug report. The 3 email just came out as a 3 just also got it!

Edit: not a bug: we got emails for S/X 2018.21. Sooo, this is not a newer version. :D. That’s a problem when they release a version ‘in between’. The version for the 3 did create an email since 21 wasn’t released for it and I have notifications on for both. :confused:

Also wondering if this is the real 2018.20 since 20 never had a full rollout....

BTW this 2018.20.5. There is/was no 2018.5.

Last edited: