Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have worse connectivity to the cloud now. Before I would get the no signal icon rarely. Now it happens almost every day I am in my garage for parked outside for a long period of time (ie work). A few minutes of driving then BAM the radio connects and everything works again.

Also, used to have random breaking while using Cruise Control on the highway only during the day. Now I get it at night. Really makes me nervous driving with Cruise Control with any amount of traffic.

Update failed, no EAP, no notifications. Tesla customer support reported it will take 5 business days to send the update again.
Another update pushed on Friday, which failed again.

3rd update pushed Saturday morning while I was on Tesla customer support call, that failed as well. Tesla is getting the diagnostic team to figure out why it is failing. Now I have to drive with no EAP/Bluetooth (my voice is not heard other side).

Another update pushed on Friday, which failed again.

3rd update pushed Saturday morning while I was on Tesla customer support call, that failed as well. Tesla is getting the diagnostic team to figure out why it is failing. Now I have to drive with no EAP/Bluetooth (my voice is not heard other side).

Does your glovebox light work? How about the heater?

If either one is inoperable you might as well make a service appointment now. It’s a hardware fault. See this thread: Software update failed, “Contact Tesla service”

My update failed for a second time, this time under Wifi

The service rep said there was a case opened Friday morning when I called initially, and this is a known issue.

The update that was sent this morning was the same as the first time that's why it failed again.

With the case the engineers have to make a special patch for my car and that will get pushed to me around Tuesday.

He finished by saying if I bring my car in for service it'll be "immediate".

Already have an appointment but for the 23rd.. so over the air it is!