Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have anything plugged into my USB ports..yet the update still keeps failing. I think I used to be on the fast track for updates until mid jan when I made a visit to my SC. They said they reset the firmware to fix my MMC reboot issues. Since then, I guess I got bumped down a bit. Oh well.. hopefully won’t be stuck on 2018.02 for too long.

Probably less coding, and more the delivery over cellular. CRC checksums get borked.
Most likely not. The cellular layer and the TCP layer makes the applications on top not notice much difference between cellular and wired. Corrupted packets are automatically discarded and retransmitted. Also it notifies the user about the update only after it is downloaded, it makes sense that they would check CRC/MD5 before notifying the user about the update. (so you can discard the entire update if it's wrong).

In my experience most software install failures on Tesla are due to some component/hardware not responding as expected after the update during self-check (such as the door sensors on Model X not working due to water-damage).