Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.4.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And to continue the updates, appears to be falling off... WTF... we want dot 4, we want dot 4 :D
(BTW, 2017.4.6 is a Model 3 release...)

If another .4 appears, that would be a new record, I believe! (Especially when we are in week 7.)

upload_2018-2-15_12-38-31.png

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
And to continue the updates, appears to be falling off... WTF... we want dot 4, we want dot 4 :D
(BTW, 2017.4.6 is a Model 3 release...)

If another .4 appears, that would be a new record, I believe! (Especially when we are in week 7.)

View attachment 280545

Don't worry -- Dot 8 will be here next week for wide release... they've spent 3 (nearly 4) weeks testing out Dot 4 versions to see what's good and bad, working out all the bugs, and will release the newer version in a week or so, presumably with some EAP features or other updates people have been clamoring for

Additionally, Tesla is in a cash crunch now. They CANNOT realize all the FSD $ they have been paid over the last year+ on their balance sheet until they actually ACTIVATE FSD. That money sits in purgatory until that occurs. So they are deeply incentivized to active FSD ASAP in order to realize that income PLUS encourage people to pay $4000-10000 (depending on whether they already purchased EAP) to add on FSD as an OTA upgrade. FSD won't be coming out this coming software update, but I'm certain they'll release it once they ramp up sales of Model 3 in mass volume, where they can TRULY realize the financial benefits of selling that software!

Reactions: croman
Don't worry -- Dot 8 will be here next week for wide release... they've spent 3 (nearly 4) weeks testing out Dot 4 versions to see what's good and bad, working out all the bugs, and will release the newer version in a week or so, presumably with some EAP features or other updates people have been clamoring for

Additionally, Tesla is in a cash crunch now. They CANNOT realize all the FSD $ they have been paid over the last year+ on their balance sheet until they actually ACTIVATE FSD. That money sits in purgatory until that occurs. So they are deeply incentivized to active FSD ASAP in order to realize that income PLUS encourage people to pay $4000-10000 (depending on whether they already purchased EAP) to add on FSD as an OTA upgrade. FSD won't be coming out this coming software update, but I'm certain they'll release it once they ramp up sales of Model 3 in mass volume, where they can TRULY realize the financial benefits of selling that software!
Good thought, but I don't know about the financial analysis... I believe that was already discussed and it's not the normal escrow until you actually get something deal. I think they can use it for whatever they like, same as the deposits for Model 3!

2018.6 just dropped.
I've not got it but let's see if this one is a slow trickle or if we all get a treat. I am still languishing on 50.3 :(

With any luck this is the one that cures the intermittent front sensor not working problem, that's supposed to be in the week 6 update. Shouldn't really have to look forward to an update that puts your car back to what it was before though o_O.

I got 2018.4.7 because my ranger pushed it to me, had a weird startup issue the other morning so he checked the logs remotely and found my car had been failing to update since 2/1 I saw no indication from the car other than odd behavior. Was on 50.3 or somthing before this update and the only new thing is a choice of bar or psi being available for tire pressure display. Pre AP 2014 S85.