Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clearly not completely random or .39 wouldn't have been almost completely restricted to the US or NA or whatever it was. Tesla clearly has some control over who gets what, and my question remains: are they using it to "punish" people who complain about updates?
So if someone complains about v9, they "punish" them by deploying more v9 features for them to suffer with? So, if you want v9, start complaining people. ;)

So if someone complains about v9, they "punish" them by deploying more v9 features for them to suffer with? So, if you want v9, start complaining people. ;)
yeah, hence the quote marks. Or maybe someone thought "we really pissed these people off, let's not push our luck right now'. Or there's some other reason people who were really mad about 39 haven't received 40 (ev-fw show far fewer 40 installs than 39 fwiw). Really I was just curious If anyone had.

I have a S100D build May 2018. I do not know if it is a coincidence but the car would never sleep more than one hour at a time up to and including 2018.39.7. But now on 2018.40 and the car sleeps like a baby uninterrupted whether the car is plugged-in or not. It’s been sleeping for 21 hours straight since my last idle. Should help on Phantom / Vampire drain issue. Using TeslaFi.com to track data.
Normand

Had an S90D previously.

I also got update from 2018.39.7 to 2018.40 last week.

One thing I notice in 2018.40 is that it can now sleep/offline more than 1 hour in a row. Before 2018.40, it can go sleep/offline for up to one hour, woke up for a few minutes, then went back to sleep/offline. Now, it can go sleep/offline for several hours in a row.

Unfortunately, 2018.40 doesn't fix the Dashcam USB corruption for me.

I have noticed upon connecting to wifi after every trip, I am uploading approximately 300Mb. Looks like more data is going out with 40.
I'm still on 39.6 but ever since it was installed my car has been downloading 150+MB and uploading 50+MB per day. Would be more if I was home 24/7. It's a constant 9MB/hour down and 3MB/hour up. Talked to Tesla and no one knows exactly what is going on. The fact that it's downloading 3x more than it is uploading is bizarre.