Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2020.40.x?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Priority Bluetooth Device will fix a nagging issue I have had since day one. For some reason my wife's phone key is selected 70 or 80% of the time, she's 5' and with her profile, I have to manually move the seat back, get in, and select my profile. The Glove Box PIN is a nice tweak as well. But I'd still rather have the glove box icon to be in the dock.

From what I'm reading, Priority Bluetooth Device won't fix the issue of selecting the wrong profile. It is only used for the audio device.
Yes, it sounds like a way to link a phone to a profile, which is still a useful feature, but not the same as prioritizing which phone should be used to unlock the car. I would guess it just grabs whichever signal reaches it first, though it would be nice to be able to assign an order of preference to the keys too: "if phones 1 and 2 are within range, use phone 1's profile unless manually told otherwise."

Just got it.

Attachments

• F42F2A99-1FF5-4F79-BD0F-066487E98EEA.jpeg
    F42F2A99-1FF5-4F79-BD0F-066487E98EEA.jpeg
    610.5 KB · Views: 97
  • B38FBCFC-EB4A-451D-B4BE-D3680791FFF2.jpeg
    B38FBCFC-EB4A-451D-B4BE-D3680791FFF2.jpeg
    551.2 KB · Views: 84
TomServo: "The Glove Box PIN is a nice tweak as well. But I'd still rather have the glove box icon to be in the dock."

I agree. A two button operation for a one button solution is going backwards.

TomServo: "The Glove Box PIN is a nice tweak as well. But I'd still rather have the glove box icon to be in the dock."

I agree. A two button operation for a one button solution is going backwards.
This may be ignorant, so excuse me if it is, but are you guys really using your glove box that often? I haven’t opened it besides putting the new registration in. What do you store in there that requires a lot of use (this is the ignorant part) I have napkins and a registration in there.

The hard drive for my dash cam stopped working after the .40 upgrade. I got a warning - Hard drive formatted incorrectly. Aside from that, I have been getting warnings to clean the cameras on the driver/passenger doors. Anyone getting the same bugs?

In had the same thing happen after the update. Car said the SSD was not formatted correctly. I reformatted on a computer, no change. I reformatted in the car and the dashcam icon did show up but would not record. Then it would require formatting again randomly but still not record.

In had the same thing happen after the update. Car said the SSD was not formatted correctly. I reformatted on a computer, no change. I reformatted in the car and the dashcam icon did show up but would not record. Then it would require formatting again randomly but still not record.

WTF??!!! In addition, my car recorded 419 Sentry Mode items last night.. couldn't see it because the drive doesn't work. this update BLOWS!

Update: Went to drive the car today and of course the hard drive needed to be formatted (again) to have the dashcam icon show on the screen. So I formatted and the icon showed and everything (dashcam and sentry) works as advertised. Don't what changed but so far so good.

This may be ignorant, so excuse me if it is, but are you guys really using your glove box that often? I haven’t opened it besides putting the new registration in. What do you store in there that requires a lot of use (this is the ignorant part) I have napkins and a registration in there.

...I don’t think it really matters how often someone uses it. I mean, the fact that it takes 2 buttons to do something that would normally take 1 button...seems like using technology to make things more convoluted. I would have been OK with a very discreet black button (on the glovebox) that blends into the dashboard.

I think I found my issue, suddenly my 4+ year old iPhone 6 battery crapped out yesterfday and I had to have a new battery installed but it had been acting up for the last few weeks and that is when the wonky profiles started, so I'm guessing my iPhone would go to some "low power" mode to protect the battery and most likely drop my conection and my wifes woud take priority even though she hadn't driven it for weeks. So far after the new battery was installed my iPhone key has remained the priority.

Fingers crossed that's what it was.

• Informative
Reactions: tranzndance