Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update and FSD issue - help please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I need help
I have a 2017 MS on software 2020.48.37.8.
My car has FSD with AP 3.0 and MCU1.
I have been waiting to get the latest update but nothing yet. I don’t even see my driving score or anything. Am I far behind on the software upgrade? How does it work?
Do I have to have MCU2 to get the latest FSD beta?
Please if anyone can help I’ll appreciate it.

Hi I need help
I have been waiting to get the latest update but nothing yet. I don’t even see my driving score or anything. Am I far behind on the software upgrade? How does it work?
Same here.

Hi I need help
The promise in 2016 leads us to believe that your MCU1 should be fine.

In reality, if you want to get newer firmware to get the request button, you need MCU2 as well.

Once you got your MCU2 and passed your Safety Score, you still need to get the upgraded cameras for free to get yor FSD beta.

Sorry for the reality.

Hi I need help
What is the build date of your car?

I ran across this vid with a jailbreak for fsd I don’t know if this really works but I’m sure it voids warranty. Maybe there’s a way to remove it before trips to the sc. This vid is on a M3 and I have no idea if this works for a s or x especially those like myself still on mcu1. But for people interested.