Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update With Only Start *After* Soft Reboot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing terribly concerning, but the last few builds that have come across fail to start UNLESS I reboot the MCU first. I'll start the update in car (or via mobile), two minute timer starts, and upon start it gets to 10% and stops. Alternatively, if I reset and start the update, zero issues.

Candidly a cleared cache is likely the safest bet for a solid update, but this has never been a required behavior. Anyone else seeing this?

`16 AP1 MCU1 S90D.

My car went offline during the download of 2020.12.11.5 two days ago. It was unresponsive for a full hour for no known reason before I went out and rebooted (black MCU screen for about five minutes during the reboot before it finally came up). Once it was up, I noted it was downloading 2020.12.11.5 @ 50% complete. So, it was obviously downloading at the time it locked up. It finished downloading and installed just fine after that though.

My Sept '17 MCU1/AP2.5 X100D is nearly due for an eMMC failure - I'm approaching 73k miles. I figure this has something to do with this but obviously can't prove it.