Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When a software update is available, I get an email. In the car I get the update and what's new. Then I get an email that the update is successful. Why can't I get "What's New" via email so I don't have to read it in the car?

Welcome to TMC..as pointed out upthread there are no emails for software updates , it always has been notification on your phone via MY TESLA app.

Reactions: Algbc
I'd be happy if I could get the notifications that an update is available. For some reason, I never get those notifications on my main device. I think I've seen them twice on my other device even though I've upgraded the software seven times since December.

How about if you're still on 7.1 and want to go to the latest firmware? I began the process and it completed 1 update, but the proceeding ones don't show up and there's no way I can see how you'd push them.
Normally you always get the last update applicable for your car.
You can't push any updates.
You just have to patiently wait until Tesla decides to send you an update.

Normally you always get the last update applicable for your car.
You can't push any updates.
You just have to patiently wait until Tesla decides to send you an update.
Well, I haven't updated since last August and I'm definitely not on version 8 after this last update I did, as it was minor bug fixes. Still on 7.1, the car isn't prompting anymore updates, and a service tech told me I'd probably need 4-5 separate updates to catch me up.

I'll just call the SC tomorrow and see how to get these updates going.

Well, I haven't updated since last August and I'm definitely not on version 8 after this last update I did, as it was minor bug fixes. Still on 7.1, the car isn't prompting anymore updates, and a service tech told me I'd probably need 4-5 separate updates to catch me up.

I'll just call the SC tomorrow and see how to get these updates going.
If you call the SC, they can manually install all updates for you, if you ask them.

If you call the SC, they can manually install all updates for you, if you ask them.
Well, just spoke to one of the dudes at my SC, and he basically said I'll need to wait for the old updates to trickle in, which just doesn't seem right. It's been 1 week since I updated to a 7.1 bug fix and nothing has come since. Gonna call another SC to confirm or debunk.

When a software update is available, I get an email. In the car I get the update and what's new. Then I get an email that the update is successful. Why can't I get "What's New" via email so I don't have to read it in the car?
Last update did away with cold weather menu. We couldn’t find out how to heat rear seats. After going through posts we found it under fan control. RIDICULOUS!!!!