Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version at Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of MS 100D today (3/21/18) and am confused by my software version which reads “v8.1 (terminal/info2-factory 654252a)”. This seems to be a different nomenclature than the typical format (i.e., 2018.10.4). Anyone have insight into what my release has / doesn’t have? I’m still waiting for the cameras to calibrate to test EAP but not clear this build has the latest and greatest.

Appreciate any help.

I took delivery of MS 100D today (3/21/18) and am confused by my software version which reads “v8.1 (terminal/info2-factory 654252a)”. This seems to be a different nomenclature than the typical format (i.e., 2018.10.4). Anyone have insight into what my release has / doesn’t have? I’m still waiting for the cameras to calibrate to test EAP but not clear this build has the latest and greatest.

Appreciate any help.
Hi, welcome to the forums.

This appears like it may be an unreleased/private version of the firmware. I would email your service advisor and also your local service center, followed by a phone call in the morning, to ensure this is a valid version of the software. They hopefully can address quickly and hopefully without a visit into the service center

Appreciate any help.

Terminal is the last step before the car is transported. Sounds like you have a version from the factory that wasn't flashed to the public version.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

This appears like it may be an unreleased/private version of the firmware. I would email your service advisor and also your local service center, followed by a phone call in the morning, to ensure this is a valid version of the software. They hopefully can address quickly and hopefully without a visit into the service center

Thank you!

Reactions: MikeBur
I called the SC yesterday to check in on it, they were very helpful and ready to troubleshoot with me but the car was in an underground parking lot at that time. When I got home and was in a spot to call them back, there was already a software update waiting for me. A downloaded and installed last night - 2018.10.2. Not sure how that compares with ".4" on EAP but best I can tell from the forums, looks like that's what's being pushed to new MCU2 vehicles. Thanks for the help.

I took my friends to pick up their new S last evening and it had 10.2 on it. As they left to drive it home, they had to go back because the wipers would not work and Tesla tried to do a hard reset and they couldn't get the car to do a hard reset either. They kept the car and gave them a loaner. The new car as an MCU2 vehicle. Tesla told them this morning that there was a firmware install that Tesla failed to do and that they should be able to deliver it this afternoon. If only a firmware install, it makes me wonder why it should take that long. It will be interesting to see what version of the firmware it will have afterwords. It seems to me that 10.2 came out before they had to hold up deliveries and on TeslaFi it was showing quite a few new cars being delivered with "terminal/info2-factory 654252a" that everyone here seemed to think was an oversight but may have been the quick fix version until they can release something beyond 10.2 to these vehicles.

I took my friends to pick up their new S last evening and it had 10.2 on it. As they left to drive it home, they had to go back because the wipers would not work and Tesla tried to do a hard reset and they couldn't get the car to do a hard reset either. They kept the car and gave them a loaner. The new car as an MCU2 vehicle. Tesla told them this morning that there was a firmware install that Tesla failed to do and that they should be able to deliver it this afternoon. If only a firmware install, it makes me wonder why it should take that long. It will be interesting to see what version of the firmware it will have afterwords. It seems to me that 10.2 came out before they had to hold up deliveries and on TeslaFi it was showing quite a few new cars being delivered with "terminal/info2-factory 654252a" that everyone here seemed to think was an oversight but may have been the quick fix version until they can release something beyond 10.2 to these vehicles.
So the release firmware testing consists of a guy driving in circles on the Tesla test track? If it didn't rain during the test, they don't test whether the wipers go on? Well, it may explain how they released a firmware version back in Oct 2016 in which turning on "Max Heat Defrost" on front windshield actually activated "Max Frost" - I almost crashed my car because of that on a coast to coast trip.

I think what may be surfacing here is the perils of having such an integrated system, where every firmware upgrade touches everything. Update of a browser for example should require a complete re-test of everything and the continuous improvement and changing car configurations compounds the problem further as in Tesla's case on every configuration they've produced in the past and today should be tested.