TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software versions

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Alemany, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Alemany

Alemany Member

Apologies if this question exists, I checked but didn't find the answer so I am posting.....

I have a P100D 2018 now with HW3 (FSD). My software was at 2020.20.1 and after they installed the HW3 I got an update to 2020.20.17. I have traffic lights and stop signs and all work well, yet I am still missing a host of other things that have been updated over the past 4 months (use of side cameras, watching cameras on your display, etc etc).

When I look a the Forum, a lot of people are on 2020.24.x and anything in between. What am I missing that I am still in 2020.20.17? Anyone has any idea? There is no other hardware upgrade available to my car according to the app. Any insights will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. ucmndd

ucmndd Active Member

Almost 40% of the Model S/X fleet is still on version 2020.20.x.

You’re not missing anything, you’re not behind, there’s nothing you can do. Just wait. :)

3. croman

croman Active Member

Hw3 should be 2020.24.x or 2020.28.x

4. TravelFree

TravelFree Member

My only suggestion here is to make sure your car has strong wifi signal connection to the internet and you select "advance" in the menu for software updates.

• Helpful x 1
  5. Alemany

Alemany Member

Thanks. Have both.... :)

6. Alemany

Alemany Member

Thanks will keep waiting. Hopefully will arrive before my lease ends and I return he car....

7. TravelFree

TravelFree Member

Since I purchased in March, my Tesla has received an update on average every 11 days. The range has been 9 to 15 days. I'm currently on 2020.24.6.9 for 8 days.

8. Alemany

Alemany Member

So I was told on a different forum that because I have MCU2.5 instead of MCU3, the highest I'll ever go is 2020.20.x, the 2020.24x is for cars with MCU3. Anyone can confirm this? Anyone with MCU2.5 ever get an update higher than 2020.20.x?

I do have FSD.

9. ucmndd

ucmndd Active Member

Suggest not returning to that forum.

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 2
  10. Alemany

Alemany Member

"because I have MCU2.5 instead of MCU3" That was MCU1 and MCU2 :D:D Need more coffee....

11. Alemany

Alemany Member

Good idea...

12. Fortune

Fortune Member

Don't trust this one bit. I have a 2013 S 85 (No AP at all) and just got the update to 2020.24.6.11 a few days ago.

13. ucmndd

ucmndd Active Member

So, many of the features you’re waiting for like the repeater camera view, etc. are MCU2 only.

Eventually you’ll get more software updates, of course. But not all of the features will be available on your MCU1 car.

• Like x 1
  14. Alemany

Alemany Member

Thanks!

This is my second Tesla and the lease expires in march, not decided yet if I go for a third. Hopefully if I go then all will be standard (until they add a ton more features.... :D:D)

15. Alemany

Alemany Member

Closing this one, just got 2020.24.6.11... Thanks to all who replied.