Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Edge access wait time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla over a week ago to request access to the solar edge app. The representative said he put in the request but was not sure how long it would be for solar edge to respond. Those of you who requested this, how long did it take before you got a response? Who was the email from? Thanks.

I had to email them again after PTO, they said they would give me permission once PTO was granted, I waited about a day and send them another email to their tech support asking for an update nicely and within an hour. or so I got a reply back with access.

I requested access from Tesla 10/20 and got the email from [email protected] the next day.

I’ve since had my inverter replaced and Tesla told me they would re-request access for me about two weeks ago but I haven’t seen anything in my inbox since. I already have portal access though so I’m not sure that the second request would have changed anything though.

This is the response i got can you tell me what you asked for?

Thank you for your email. This is Bailee with Tesla Energy Customer Support.

We apologize, but Tesla does not grant access to this specific feature. Tesla's monitoring platform is only through the Tesla app.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to visit Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support for additional information. Thank you.

I called Tesla energy support instead of trying to email them (they have not replied to or resolved any of my email queries yet.. ever). I asked for monitoring access to the SolarEdge portal. They seem to be familiar with the request and will read you a blurb about how they don’t support or troubleshoot any issues you will have with SE monitoring and then submit a request to make an account for you. I got this email from Tesla the day after I received the registration emails from SolarEdge:

Thank you for speaking with us a few days ago. This email confirms that the access was granted for the SolarEdge portal and closed your inquiry. If we can assist you further, please reach out to us by calling 888-765-2489. Best Regards, The Tesla Team
open

Hope that helps, good luck.

This is the response i got can you tell me what you asked for?

Thank you for your email. This is Bailee with Tesla Energy Customer Support.

We apologize, but Tesla does not grant access to this specific feature. Tesla's monitoring platform is only through the Tesla app.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to visit Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support for additional information. Thank you.

Well after several weeks and no response, I called Tesla support again. It appears there was no record in my account of the request for solar edge access. It looks like the last guy I talked to did nothing. I requested access again and after several times on hold I was read the disclaimer as many had mentioned. I was told to expect an email after the request goes through management approval. I am hoping it will go through in a few days.

There is no history. My data only starts from today as I got account access today.

Anyone able to get admin access? I need admin to create the physical layout.

Unfortunately it’s more complicated than that. You need installer access to create the physical layout. The only way to get that is to create your own installer account on the solaredge web site and then ask solaredge to transfer your system from tesla to you. However, in doing so you remove Tesla’s access to the system as the system can only belong to one installer. No one really knows how or if this will affect service or warranty work in the future.

Unfortunately it’s more complicated than that. You need installer access to create the physical layout. The only way to get that is to create your own installer account on the solaredge web site and then ask solaredge to transfer your system from tesla to you. However, in doing so you remove Tesla’s access to the system as the system can only belong to one installer. No one really knows how or if this will affect service or warranty work in the future.

I already got physical layout on my account with Solaredges help.

Without doing any of what you mentioned, I already got my physical layout on my account with Solaredges help. I gave them the layout and serial numbers I got from Tesla.

View media item 122144

Solar Edge responded rather quickly, maybe a few days later, a week at most? They needed him to update them with some additional information in order to complete the new account process (which I just asked him and he said he hasn't had a chance to respond back yet :rolleyes:).

I already got physical layout on my account with Solaredges help.
Without doing any of what you mentioned, I already got my physical layout on my account with Solaredges help. I gave them the layout and serial numbers I got from Tesla.

That’s great. I’m glad you were able to get it done. I know other people have been told by solaredge that solaredge will not do the physical mapping and the only option is go to the installer. Seems like this might be one of those things that depends on which rep you get and how nice you are.

Reactions: mnsweeps