Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar referral credit usage - tesla credits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there - hoping someone can help me figure this out.

My friend referred me to Tesla solar installation and is getting the option of either the $400 cash or $750 Tesla credit. He doesn't have a use for the Tesla credit, but I do, since I have a Model 3 and haven't purchased a wall charger. I figured I could have him buy the wall charger with his referral credit and then I'd get it installed on my own, but that would only use $500 of the $750, and I would hate to see the rest of it go to waste. He said that the correspondence he received indicated that it can't be used on merchandise (darn, can't just get a bunch of t-shirts ;)!), but the wall charger is something it could be used on.

Any experiences or thoughts in regards to this?

$500 is better than $400 :). I was able to use my first credit towards my Model 3. My second credit I opted for the $400 check. I wanted the $600 kids Model S, but it wasn't clear that I could use it to buy that and I never got a response from the emails I sent out. So now I'm waiting on the check.