I have had many of the same issues with build quality and arrogant tesla SC attitude. the mobile guys are good and are pissed off at the problems they have to fix from the factory and SC. it is true that when they fix one problem it's likely they will break or scratch something else. which SC you use makes a huge difference as some just don't give a F. Had the mobile guy by again the find out why it was smoking at the supercharger. he took the cover off the frunk area and broke the plastic clips so it completely fell off on my next drive.....a lot of stuff won't go back together properly once taken apart because it's cheap plastic that never fit properly in the first place(many parts don't align). he ordered a replacement for that and everything else broken including he carpet coming loose on the hatch. as stated by OP they tried to glue his back................some SC will try to shortcut or cover things up, others will replace with new parts......that's the differenceBittersweet day. I had never been more excited for a car. Unfortunately I got a bad egg. I am exhausted battling with Tesla.
Our early build Model Y was plagued with build quality issues. It is beyond me why Tesla could not get this car fixed. I should have never accepted delivery. It was peak pandemic March 2020 and the car was left in front of house with keys.
Every time I brought it in for repair they broke something else. Its sad when your afraid to take your car for service. However the mobile service crew was great when they came to switch out wheels and fix damage done at the service center.
• Factory hood damage took 3 visits and 7 months to repair. While fixing hood tech must have stuck something on dash creating deep scratches across dash Tesla would not repair. Also when I sold the vehicle Carmax pointed out they stripped the hood bolt installing the new hood which I am sure affected my quote.
• Rear wing fell off. Tesla replaced and some how left 6in to metal scratched car installing new wing. Brought car back and Tesla somehow got paint on rear glass fixing scratch tech used razor blade to scrape off and scratched glass.
• Car had weird overspray on lower rocker panel. Took 6 months for Tesla body shop appointment to get fixed, was in loaner 1 month waiting for Tesla to repair. When the car came back Tesla some how had overspray paint on interior of car and broke the driver seat. Instead of replacing seat Tesla tried to order new booster cushions. Seat never looked right after this.
• Car came equipped with exterior back up speaker from factory. Tesla would not allow me to activate boombox and unplugged speaker during service appointment because they said it was not on my build page.
• Tesla replaced door handles due to breaking mounts while car was in service trying to fix indented door handles. For some reason after new door handles were installed they decided to buff them and damaged paint around door handles my guess is they scratched the door or the handles during install tried to cover up. Never had them fix because I was worried they would cause more damage paid out of own pocket to have a detail shop buff and repair.
• Tesla Taillights on driver side fogged up. When Tesla fixed they installed new version of taillights. Requested they replace the other side with new taillights so they matched. They said no and ordered the old style taillights. My new old style taillights had same issue and fogged up.
• Rear carpet on lift gate came unglued Tesla repaired and got glue residue on rear carpets.
I hope you guys have better luck then me. Not sure I will be a Tesla owner again it has been an extremely aggravating experience. BTW Tesla offered to buy my Model Y Performance with 8k for 40k which was exactly what I owed on it. Carmax paid 60k.