TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Some damage to our baby...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Riseabove, Oct 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Riseabove

Riseabove Member

As you can see from the picture, wife misjudged the pole in a parking garage. Quite frustrated but wanted to get thoughts on potentially what damage is here and how much I'm looking at in terms of cost.

I am planning to bring to a certified Tesla repair shop but wanted to get an idea first, can't make it over there for a few days and am anxious.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

It's a very dark picture but from what I can see, most of that should buff out.

3. ABVA

ABVA Member

So sorry to see the damage to your baby. If the damage is not deep to the metal, it should buff out. Try taking it to your Service Center and the detailer might able to help you or at the minimum provide you with some expert advice.

4. Riseabove

Riseabove Member

Thank you! I am traveling for work so that is my wife's best handiwork at a picture. I am not going to be home for a few days can I take it to be buffed out then or should I convince my wife to take it into our local auto body shop to buff? Not sure if timing matters here.

Thanks again!

5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

to echo the others, that damage appears to be superficial. a tesla certified shop may not be necessary but I think this is beyond what any detailer can fix.

6. ABVA

ABVA Member

I had the like kind damage on my MS 100 D and the detailer at SC was able to buff it out. But then again, if the damage is deeper than just superficial that might not work. However, at the minimum by approaching the SC he can get some expert advise.

7. RobertF

RobertF Member

I got terrific results from a non certified Tesla repair shop that was 1/4 the price of the certified shop and less than the insurance deductible for a minor fender problem. Found using Yelp in my area.