Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Sig X owners have scheduled delivery dates in December 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
c73d59efa01076b133bcb3a4595b1df7.jpg

From Mark's iCloud photo share

Yeah, that's part of the info I've been trying to get from Tesla on the 5 seat model: is the back row entirely NOT THERE (I.e no rise up from the floor) or is the rear 'hump' still there?

Peter+

Bump has to be there because of the drive unit unless Tesla rises floor behind 2nd row to the height of the DU at cost of some storage space.

MX_side - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Delivery - A Third Party Variable
In regard to the above lengthy post (title only showing), I have switched the delivery location to a service center that has more experience handling Model X. Getting a bit nervous with reports of 2 week prep time at one location. The switch may or may not happen, but at least I tried.

The delivery manager who originally requested that I use a new location is no longer with the company.

I have switched the delivery location to a service center that has more experience handling Model X. Getting a bit nervous with reports of 2 week prep time at one location. The switch may or may not happen, but at least I tried.

The delivery manager who originally requested that I use a new location is no longer with the company.
Interesting. This does sound a lot like the early P85D deliveries last year. Tons of confusion. Tons of misleading and conflicting "information" given to the owners. And a lot fewer deliveries than everyone expects. :-(

Yikes. This worries me. My New England DS has been less than responsive and I am concerned he isn't long for this world at Tesla. I am lucky to beg for an update of any kind every 30 days since October....
I wouldn't worry. The person who left wasn't my DS. At least you got an upgrade. I didn't even get new windshield wipers during the last checkup! The door handle now sticks out too far as well. I figure that I can get them fixed when Model X Signature needs to be picked up for a test drive.

The silence is deafening. "Car 15, Where Are You?"

Interesting. This does sound a lot like the early P85D deliveries last year. Tons of confusion. Tons of misleading and conflicting "information" given to the owners. And a lot fewer deliveries than everyone expects. :-(

Agreed. On the ST investors thread there was hope after the Fortune article that deliveries in 2015 would be in the several hunderds and that 'Ed' would be wrong. He still may be wrong and hundreds will be delivered but the clock is ticking.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't worry. The person who left wasn't my DS. At least you got an upgrade. I didn't even get new windshield wipers during the last checkup! The door handle now sticks out too far as well. I figure that I can get them fixed when Model X Signature needs to be picked up for a test drive.

The silence is deafening. "Car 15, Where Are You?"

Mark...I don't know what to say......but I will remain hopeful that you get the call in the next 24 hours (paging Jerome.....)

So I'm having trouble viaualizing what the space between the top of the third row when folded down and the back of second looks like when the second row is tilted and slid all the way forward. how much flat area for dogs? TIA
Don't forget the folding headrest. That will cut off some of the space.

Would a net across the entire vehicle be good, about where the tie down is showing. That might keep the dogs from scratching the artistic seats.

UPDATE: DS will call with an update on 12/30.

Last edited:
Don't forget the folding headrest. That will cut off some of the space.

Would a net across the entire vehicle be good, about where the tie down is showing. That might keep the dogs from scratching the artistic seats.
We never have our dogs in a car without crating them. So for me I need to fit the crates in there - and the fact that it looks like there's about a 1-2 in level difference is not making me happy. I guess I can address this with a folded towel under the other end of the two crates, but still, my 9 y/o $34k Sienna manages to create a completely flat surface there. A little disappointing.

So I'm having trouble viaualizing what the space between the top of the third row when folded down and the back of second looks like when the second row is tilted and slid all the way forward. how much flat area for dogs? TIA

I will try to find/remember the dimensions. I was at the reveal and helped another TMCer that was smarter than I (he brought a tape measure, I did not) measure with seats up and seats down. It was much shorter than the S length wise and similar width rise.

We never have our dogs in a car without crating them. So for me I need to fit the crates in there - and the fact that it looks like there's about a 1-2 in level difference is not making me happy. I guess I can address this with a folded towel under the other end of the two crates, but still, my 9 y/o $34k Sienna manages to create a completely flat surface there. A little disappointing.

The rear shelf over the 'trunk' is moveable, in its standard position it's 100% flat with the back of the folded rear seats.

Peter+

The rear shelf over the 'trunk' is moveable, in its standard position it's 100% flat with the back of the folded rear seats.
DUH! I actually knew that from Bonnie's pictures. Clearly not my brightest moment here... but I looked at the picture a little further up and thought "umm, just like in the Model S, this isn't flat".
Thanks for reminding me of the correct answer!

My X won't arrive in 2015. Received this email from my DS today:

"Thank you again for your continues patience as we work to deliver the very first Model X. At this stage, we can expect your Model X to be ready for delivery in the second or third week of January.

I will be able to confirm a more precise date in early January."

flat area

Peter+

My question really isn't about that "trunk" shelf, but rather the space created between back of the second row when pushed forward and the flat third row. My assumption is that the picture above doesn't show the second row pushed forward. Or is that really all the flat cargo area we can expect? TIA

My question really isn't about that "trunk" shelf, but rather the space created between back of the second row when pushed forward and the flat third row. My assumption is that the picture above doesn't show the second row pushed forward. Or is that really all the flat cargo area we can expect? TIA

My recollection is that the cargo area goes from 50 inches long to 60 inches long when the second row seats are slid all the way forward and tilted. You should ask this question in the FAQ wiki so all others have the answer who follow you.

Yep. With the seats forward there's a 10" gap between the seat backs and the end of the rear cargo 'shelf' and there is a drop from that shelf to the floor level. More than 10" of space on the floor because the middle seats are tilted forward and the monopoles the sit on are fully forward. But I didn't get detailed measurements there at the reveal. Also don't know the height of that cargo shelf from the seating floor to the shelf.