Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Somebody please clear me up on AP/EAP/NoA/FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so right now if you order a new car, you get Autosteer, and for stuff like NoA and Summon you need FSD. I know that part.

My question is about new inventory cars. A lot of them come with FSD but you can have it removed. So what happens if you do? Do you still get NoA if it's made before February (which is when NoA was moved to FSD)?

Or does the new system apply to all new inventory cars also, meaning if an inventory car doesn't have FSD it doesn't have NoA?

Good question?! It's a bit of a mess. I suspect it's tied to the VIN of the vehicle, so that would seem to imply that you'd get NoA for any car made during the relevant period. To do otherwise would seem to complicate the (undoubtedly already complex) update server.

But I'm just speculating here.

...A lot of them come with FSD but you can have it removed...

Technically yes, but that depends on the current policy which can change from day to day and person to person.

...Do you still get NoA if it's made before February (which is when NoA was moved to FSD)?...

I would say that depends on how the car is listed.

If it has 2 separate lines:

Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self Driving

then, you can argue that removing FSD will not remove EAP, which means will not remove NoA, Summon, Autopark...

However, if it has 1 single line:

Full Self Driving

then, Tesla can argue that removing FSD will default the car back to the current definition of 2019 Autopilot: only TACC and Autosteer and that means to remove NoA, Summon, Autopark as well.

Good question - I can confirm that the Autopilot option codes for the February 2019 inventory S100D I bought last month are:

APBS Autopilot
APF2 Full Self-Driving Capability
APH3 AP 2.5

This car would never have had EAP, so if FSD was cancelled, it would go back to the "new" autopilot.

If you have the VIN, you could lookup the Option codes for the vehicle you're interested in, and check the autopilot codes. EV-CPO has a tool on the left side toolbar...

Good question - I can confirm that the Autopilot option codes for the February 2019 inventory S100D I bought last month are:

APBS Autopilot
APF2 Full Self-Driving Capability
APH3 AP 2.5

This car would never have had EAP, so if FSD was cancelled, it would go back to the "new" autopilot.

If you have the VIN, you could lookup the Option codes for the vehicle you're interested in, and check the autopilot codes. EV-CPO has a tool on the left side toolbar...

That means you wouldn't have had NoA, right?

Some of those cars are never even on the website so I can't check it for many of them

Weird question.

EAP hasn't been available for many months.

All Tesla's ordered through the website come with AP.

FSD is really the only option now, and I'd have thought at the price level of a Model S, adding FSD to AP would be a no-brainer. It would immediately get you to the level of EAP (by adding NoA and Summon), and have additional functionality later this year.

Just wanted to update this. No matter when the car was made, if your new inventory car doesn't have Full Self Driving, it only has basic Autopilot (Autosteer) and not Navigate on Autopilot and other enhanced AP suite features.

According to my OA. So it's just 1 person and with Tesla it's hard to trust just 1 person, but he was very certain of it

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia