TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Someone hit my baby....didnt leave a note

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Hrhkee, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Hrhkee

Hrhkee Doing research. Brb

Is there a therapy group for that because I'm sinking fast into a dark dark place.

Rear wheel well...pic too large...ill compress and attach...later..

2. Hrhkee

3. Hrhkee

Zoom in on rear wheel. That crease looks deliberate...oh I'm so mad it's better they hit me. Wish Tesla could help me narrow time and date. Or video?

4. Dax279

Dax279 Member

This is so frustrating and seems to becoming more common as this is the third instance in three weeks that I have heard this. The first started with my wife who had someone back into her truck. Fortunately, a witness left a note and provided us with all the information of who hit us. While I wish this person got more than they deserve for it Leaving a note I sure hope their insurance company jacks up their rates.

The other instance was my mom, but fortunately in this instance the person owed up to their mistake and made things right.

I'm starting to think it is time for two dashcams that run while the car is parked.

5. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Ouch! Another reason I am a huge dash cam fan. While not perfect, it picks up a lot.
    Were you hit while parking there? That looks like a great spot for protection.

6. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

When you find them, let me know. I will come there and help you hide the body.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  7. HebrHmr

HebrHmr Member

Definitely time for a dashcam. I'm happy with my BlackVue.

8. gabeincal

gabeincal Enjoying Napa life the electric way

I was gonna say. Surely nobody will be able to hit your car by accident there.....

9. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Was that the location where the damage happened?

How on earth does one maneuver in to that space in inflict that without practically planning it?

10. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Yeah. That has to be the most protected parking space ever. Maybe it happened somewhere else and they just noticed it.

BTW I love the color of that car. I would be upset too.:mad:

11. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Incidentally, I undid my "disagree" earlier, but my intent was to reflect that this sucks... sorry to the OP.

12. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

- A dashcam would record only front and rear view, so might not sufficient
    to get a good idea of who may have hit the car on the side?

- I would recommend adding a battery pack for additional recording time without the risk of draining the 12v battery.

Those two web pages can give you some additional information:

BlackVue Accessories: Power Magic Pro or B-112 Battery Pack?
    BlackVue Over The Cloud

13. JPP

JPP Active Member

You do NOT need a Power Magic Pro or battery pack with a Blackvue--the 12V battery is always topped off by the DC-to-DC system from the traction pack. Waste of $$.

Once you get your Model 3's (per your sig) maybe things will be different (...doubt it).

14. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

I read on several threads that the 12 v battery was the Achilles' Heel of the Tesla?

But cannot be as bad as how to Jump start a Porsche! (I think that's a good one..)
    Porsche Carrera 911 996 “Dead Battery & Locked Hood” Solution

15. f-stop

f-stop Member

I sympathize with the OP - a similar thing happened to my MS just last week :(
    Someone scraped my car just ahead of the left front wheel well and left about a foot-high/2-inch-wide white scrape there. At first the damage looked pretty scary against my blue MS. But luckily the contact area was on the plastic front fascia and seemed to mostly be paint transfer from the other car. I was able to carefully wash/rub off all the white paint and underneath there were only a handful of minor scuffs, nothing deep or very visible, nor any damage to any metal body panels elsewhere. But still... whoever rubbed their car against mine must have known they did it. Left no note.

True. I have a 2channel Blackvue, and unfortunately I wasn't able to find clear evidence of the car that scraped mine. The night it happened I was parked for several hours on a dark, narrow residental street with cars on both sides, I figure someone tried to squeeze by and came too close to my car. But it was drizzling out all night and not well lit. The changing pattern of raindrops on the windshield triggered the parking mode of the dashcam constantly so I had many hours of blurry dark waterdrop footage to review, but unfortunately no luck in finding anything in the video - very frustrating. I'm glad I have a dashcam, but this incident shows it's not perfect.

agreed, this is correct you don't need Power Magic Pro or separate battery pack for the dashcam.

16. Hrhkee

I try but I went to court and had to park next to someone who may have dinged it.

17. Hrhkee

At work I park it here to protect it. It's a cool spot.

• Like x 1
  18. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

I have a scrape down the side of my Acura thanks to someone running their front bumper carefully enough to only take off the clear coat and paint and not crease the car. No note.

Someone in a big numbered Mercedes scratched the rear quarter panel of my BMW a few weeks back trying to park in narrow spot. I was in the car at the time. He claimed to not notice the impact at all. Only minor chip in the clear coat.

Sorry to OP. People just don't pay attention these days and parking spots keep getting smaller. Sucks with all the big SUVs and trucks out there.

19. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

Looks like the right height for a heavily loaded shopping cart to have done it.

20. Hrhkee

Went to court...it happened there. Security at work confirms nothing happened in this spot. I park it far from people....