Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Something smeared inside passenger rear window and I can't get it off...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned my brand new Tesla for 12 days and I noticed last weekend there is some sort of film smeared inside the window. It's been there since I got it, but it was cloudy the day I picked it up, so I didn't notice it then.
I've tried soap and water, windex, alcohol, vinegar, magic eraser and a low-abrasive scrubbie. Nothing removes it.
I tried putting in a service call for it, but I was quoted over $300, so that's a big no.
I have them coming over this week for a headlight issue, so I'm planning on asking then, but in the meantime, does anyone have any advice?
I can see it when I'm wearing my glasses, and it has a feel different than a clean window.
I'm planning on getting the windows tinted next weekend, so I don't want to try anything that might mess that up (i.e. no ceramic). I also don't just want to tint over it, even if it can't be seen through the tint (I'll always know it's there). I tried taking a pic, but no go.