Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern Australia Installation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anything ever come of the bet Elon made with the Australian billionaire about fixing their power storage problem in 100 days or the system would be free? I see a lot of articles and videos about the bet but I can't find anything regarding if it ever went any farther.

Dan

Did anything ever come of the bet Elon made with the Australian billionaire about fixing their power storage problem in 100 days or the system would be free? I see a lot of articles and videos about the bet but I can't find anything regarding if it ever went any farther.

Dan
Tesla was one of many companies that bid to install battery storage here. The winner has not been announced yet. There is another thread with details.

There's a thread in the Investor sub-forum where we're tracking big energy storage deals in general, and big Tesla Energy deals in particular.

Australian states now have 3 big tenders out, or about to go out, for energy storage (10's or 100's of MWh of storage each). Every indication I get from following along remotely is that these will just be the forerunners of GWh of storage to come for Australia.

I was somewhat amused by Elon's comments about energy storage at the shareholder meeting. He said something to the effect of "We're powering a whole island in Somoa. And you know, a continent is basically just a big island, so it will work on a larger scale too." My mind immediately went to Australia.