Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki SpaceX as a Company - General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No I don't think that is true. I was able to get to that tweet in a private chrome window (incognito) without logging in and was able to watch the video. No issues.

What you don't get to see are the replies to that tweet. So it NOT correct that you can't read a tweet and watch an embedded video without a login. See this screen shot

View attachment 970996
Apparently you got lucky, I use Safari, and it immediately threw up a log in screen with on option to do anything else. I guess I'm out

EDIT- So I just tried this, I clicked on the "read XXX replies" in the link and it brought up the page w/o a log in screen. Not sure why that worked, but I'll take it as a win. I had tried clicking on each of the other "clickable" areas in the link and each one brought me back to an X login page, but clicking on the "Read xxx replies" worked. I'll take that as a win for now- I sure wish X would go back to letting you read "X's" or "Tweets" or whatever they call them now without an account.

Last edited:
Can you post both the links here ? Just wanted to check it out with and without login in a variety of browsers and systems.

Grendal's link
https: //twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1vAxRAQjqPVJl​
Google's link
https: //twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1698526823012004000​

Note the space in the URLs so that TMC doesn't process them. Also, I stripped down Grendal's link to remove some URL parameters that TMC adds. I'll have to wait for the next broadcast to try some experiments.

Grendal's link
https: //twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1vAxRAQjqPVJl​
Google's link
https: //twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1698526823012004000​

Note the space in the URLs so that TMC doesn't process them. Also, I stripped down Grendal's link to remove some URL parameters that TMC adds. I'll have to wait for the next broadcast to try some experiments.
The status link works in many browsers and in iPhone too. The broadcast link sends me to a login page.

In contrast, I look at SpaceX as a Starship company and I'm convinced that the world will step up to the plate and come up with some dramatic things to do with it because doing big things in space gets so much easier. They can build everything on the ground, test it on the ground, then throw it into orbit. If they get gutsy enough to assemble things in space then we're starting to talk about some truly massive objects.
Correct

Last edited:
It's sad it has to be this hard- Why can't SpaceX just keep the YouTube live streams and add the X live stream That would be the right thing to do.
Well, if the issue is the forum mangling the URL's, then I'm not sure it's correct to blame SpaceX for making their live stream freely available on one platform vs. freely available on another.

Reactions: Grendal and JB47394
For those complaining about creating an account.. I don't know what the big deal is. We are being asked to create accounts for silly things like ordering food online from a restaurant.

Create the Twitter account, login once and you can forget about it. It just works. No one is forcing to follow anyone or read other tweets. Although in this case I don't think an account is required.

For those complaining about creating an account.. I don't know what the big deal is.
For me it’s more complicated than that. I do not wish to contribute to the X membership numbers, which influences how much X can charge advertisers. I do not want to support X in any way. My reasons for that are outside the scope of this thread so I will not state them.

I wish SpaceX would offer launch livestreams on their website.

There’s many reasons for investing in Starship, Mars being just one. It’ll be a very capable moon transporter, and oh yeah, they have a contract to pay for a lot of that development. Elon stated that Starship is needed to make Starlink profitable. I see no reason to doubt him on that score. Starlink will be massively bigger than current SpaceX in a few years. Starlink will be a $30B/yr revenue company while all else SpaceX is around $4B. So that alone is a reason to invest in Starship.

Remember that while Falcon 9 is nice, it ISN’T fully reusable. Moving from Falcon 9 to Starship will be like moving from ULA to Falcon 9 in terms of cost. Maybe even a bigger percentage delta actually.

• Informative
Reactions: Grendal
Well, the current testing of Super Heavy is certainly agonizingly slow.
Sorry but I have to disagree with that.

Compared with traditional space, it's incredibly amazing where they are at.

When you add int he magnitude of what's bwing done, it's even more impressive.

Tell me how long the folks that brought you SLS would have taken?