Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - CRS-16 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scott Manley has some interesting commentary regarding the grid fin operation and aerodynamics during the booster descent. During the second half of this 14 minute video, Manley describes many of the components exposed by the Interstage floating in the harbor. A John Kraus photo captured a very clear shot of the Interstage interior.

• Informative
Reactions: Cosmacelf and e-FTW
I have dozens - not hundreds, but dozens - of hours experience as a crane operator and I'm glad Mongo clarified the two-strap reality of the booster hoist because, even had it been the case (it wasn't) that the single crane and strap showed the booster's COG one would never, ever want to hoist it solely thusly. You could control one of those aforementioned X- Y- or Z-axes but not the other two....yikes!

That was fascinating! I learned a lot. Thanks for posting it. Scott seems to think the only items that may be re-used from that stage will be the grid fins.
Scott Manley has some interesting commentary regarding the grid fin operation and aerodynamics during the booster descent. During the second half of this 14 minute video, Manley describes many of the components exposed by the Interstage floating in the harbor. A John Kraus photo captured a very clear shot of the Interstage interior.

Reactions: Grendal