Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Photos and Art Pieces

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Grendal

SpaceX Moderator
Jan 31, 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Thanks to Nikxice for recommending this thread. Post your own SpaceX images and artwork to share with the rest of us who are also inspired by SpaceX and what they are doing. Just to throw something out, here is an amazing picture (not mine) of a recent launch:
37631588_10215456391339669_8423165839439560704_o.jpg

If you've never seen Abby Garrett's artwork with SpaceX inspirations then I highly recommend you check her website:
Art Prints | abby garrett

Last edited:
Near term the moon is back in focus for SpaceX. This past July Israel announced a contract with SpaceX to launch a lunar landing craft as a secondary payload in early 2019. This week a Japanese startup also signed on for two unmanned lunar missions, again as secondary F9 payloads in 2021 and 2022. The first spacecraft will enter lunar orbit, followed by a later mission to land and then release one or more rovers. Stealing the spotlight this September is the projected Dear Moon BFR mission in 2023. Yusaku Maezawa and 6 to 8 astro artists will strive to inspire all of us earthlings.
BFR moon (2).jpg

This rendering was captured from the recently released SpaceX BFR video. Taking some artistic license here, during a quick flyby I think the BFS would more likely be inverted relative to lunar surface.

Over forty years ago I purchased several prints from Robert McCall (Perhaps best known for 2001: A Space Odyssey artwork and the wall mural inside the NASM). As we approach the 50th anniversary of humans first reaching the moon, this SpaceX scene is reminiscent of McCall's "Coming Home".
Apollo 8 " Coming Home " Robert McCall artist (1969)

Great photo, thanks for posting! I don’t see Elon or Gywnne in that photo. But perhaps they did not want to steal the spotlight from that veteran group of hard-working SpaceXers.

The single engine stage section just behind the employees; is that an F9 2nd stage or it it a prototype/mockup F1 first stage? Looks too small a diameter for an F9.

Reactions: Grendal
Joshua Tree National Park on the evening of 10/07/18. The launch of SAOCOM 1A coloring the western sky. The uninformed might have thought they were watching a ghostly UFO. Shining some sunlight on the most distracting acronym of October '18, most eyewitnesses were in awe of the icy plume produced from SpaceX Extraterrestrial Condensation.
Credit @seanparkerphoto.
Sean Parker.jpg

Great photo, thanks for posting! I don’t see Elon or Gywnne in that photo. But perhaps they did not want to steal the spotlight from that veteran group of hard-working SpaceXers.

The single engine stage section just behind the employees; is that an F9 2nd stage or it it a prototype/mockup F1 first stage? Looks too small a diameter for an F9.

Oops. I missed your question. That is a Falcon 1 first or second stage.

The planned launch of SpaceX's SSO-A rideshare mission on 12/2/18 will include an interesting piece of Space art. One of the satellites to be released is called the "Orbital Reflector", sponsored by the Nevada Museum of Art. The written and spoken controversy surrounding this satellite has created a healthy dialogue. Critics refer to it as nonfunctional piece of space junk that only spoils the natural beauty of the night sky. Others argue that it will get people to look up and wonder about our place in the universe. The shoe box sized satellite is designed to inflate a Mylar balloon out to 30 meters, in the shape of an elongated diamond. It will be visible at variable times worldwide before sunrise or after sunset. It will eventually reenter and burn in the atmosphere after a minimum display period of two months. For more info, including video.
Orbital Reflector - Nevada Museum of Art

• Informative
Reactions: Grendal
Wow, that’s wild. And pretty cool. I hope that web page provides information about where to look for the Orbital Reflector once it is operational.
Yes, it looks as though an Orbital Reflector tracker will soon be available. I just checked back on the Nevada Museum website linked above. They claim they'll have this feature up in the next 72 hours.