Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the press being informed the very same day that the mail to Ken bounced back, it looks like Tesla reacted on an inquiry wrt to the mail bounce. If this is true, I consider that a bad communication strategy - notifying the public of leaves just after someone discovered indications for that.

This is the point where, if SpaceX was quoted, it's shares would tumble for a day, there would be a hastily organised conference call, Elon would apply his reality distortion field, and the shares would recover.

You mean to say that Elon would say the often quoted Mythbusters saying, "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." I think he has been saying that a lot lately especially to some people who actively mock him.

SpaceX Test Fires New SuperDraco Engine :: Satellite Today

SpaceX Test Fires New SuperDraco Engine
February 2, 2012 | Satellite Today | Jeffrey Hill

[Satellite TODAY 02-02-12] SpaceX has successfully test fired its new, reusable SuperDraco engine – an advanced version of the Draco engines currently used by its Dragon spacecraft to maneuver on orbit and during reentry, the company announced Feb. 1.
The tests were conducted at SpaceX’s rocket development facility in McGregor, Texas, during which the SuperDraco sustained full duration, full thrust firing as well as a series of deep throttling demonstrations.
SpaceX CEO and CTO Elon Musk said the SuperDraco would play a critical role in the company’s human spaceflight contracts with NASA. “SuperDraco engines represent the best of cutting edge technology. These engines will power a revolutionary launch escape system that will make Dragon the safest spacecraft in history and enable it to land propulsively on Earth or another planet with pinpoint accuracy,” Musk said in a statement.
Musk added that the SuperDraco engine features an escape system that is not jettisoned, which provides astronauts with an ability to escape the vehicle at any point during the launch. “The eight SuperDracos provide redundancy, so that even if one engine fails an escape can still be carried out successfully,” he said.

Spaceflight Now SpaceX Falcon 9 stands on the launch pad

jr14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.