Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

spare tire install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As was said above never forget too lock the air suspension, I made that mistake with my Touareg, almost dropped the damn thing on me while changing to off road tires, after the vehicle was jacked up and the wheel was already off it decided to level out, lucky for me I quickly pushed one of the spare Tires underneath the axel and it stopped.

The jack points, and the procedure (very important to put it in jack mode due to the self leveling suspension) are described in the owners manual. :)
Are you sure about this? I looked in the manual and the only discussion I found about jack points (page 165) was referring to 'lift arm pads' (plural) like you would see to lift the entire car in a service garage, not just one corner for changing a single tire. I'm wondering if the battery pack is designed to take that kind of torsion.

I'm also interested in being able to keep a spare tire, but I wonder if Tesla planned for that. I don't see verbiage in the manual about being able to use a spare. All they say is that electric cars shouldn't have spares because they weigh too much.

By the way, would there be enough height in the front trunk to fit that spare, or maybe a compact one? Has anyone actually changed a single tire on a Tesla? Is it correct that if you use a sealer like Tesla sells as a temporary fix that it makes the tire unrepairable? That would be an expensive flat fix (a new tire).