Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation: Could be Elon be forced out as CEO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm afraid the SEC seems pretty serious about barring Musk from running a public company. I'm very surprised, with this loose regulatory environment, that the SEC would come down so hard on Musk. Apparently, they sued him alone, not Tesla. A commentator on NBR advised that Tesla remove Musk. I prefer to see Musk stay. Unfortunately, Musk did not clarify his Twitter message quickly to avoid misinterpretation. If there is a worst case scenario, surely there are other potential CEOs with the same commitment to electric cars out there. I'm an investor and future M3 owner.

As I duck for cover, I think that to remove Musk from the day-to-day operations of Tesla might be a good thing over the long run. His style of management is off-putting to a lot of fine individuals.

A side benefit of having an experienced CEO might be that some of the repetitive mistakes that Tesla makes will soon be corrected. Perhaps they will smooth out the delivery processes and customer contact procedures. Perhaps the on again-off again free, limited free, referral-free Supercharging inducements will go away. Perhaps we can speak with a customer support person within five minutes instead of 45 minutes. Perhaps some of the software that was issued with fundamental deficiencies will get a second look and be improved or enhanced. Perhaps Tesla will begin to show some consistency in their policies instead of changing horses many times midstream.

Reactions: MXWing and dhrivnak
Do you think "Not-a-CEO" Musk would bring a sleeping bag to the factory floor to push M3 production?
Wasn't Musk pals with Trump while sitting on his advisory committee? Trump pardon!

Look at optimistic scenarios. There can be a ceo that would also sleep in a bag next to Musk, probably have higher EQ, make better choices with women or already have a stable family relationship.

Not ducking for cover. I tell it how it is. Always.

Reactions: APotatoGod