Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spent Christmas Eve giving test drives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to my girlfriend's family for Christmas Eve dinner. It is a large group with about 25 guests. I wound up giving 5 test drives throughout the night with all seats taken. One of the kids even got a call from their friend down the street asking if that was a Tesla in the driveway.

It's a tough life :)

I stopped to chat with a neighbor who was tinting the windows of our new Camaro convertible. He was excited to talk to the Tesla lady, as he sees me drive past his house daily. I said, "get in and drive it". He looked at me like I was crazy, but I was already climbing in the passenger seat. He got in and said " just around the block? " "No way", I replied. " get her out on a REAL road so you can play! "

It wasn't until we were home that my boyfriend told me the guy made so much money drag racing professionally he is pretty much retired... Made me wish I had the P85D for him!

Did either of you convert the people you gave test drives to, to EVs? Or at least do they have a better appreciation of them. I for one think 1 of the best ways to convert people is to get them in EVs and experience them. So good on you :cool:

Did either of you convert the people you gave test drives to, to EVs? Or at least do they have a better appreciation of them. I for one think 1 of the best ways to convert people is to get them in EVs and experience them. So good on you :cool:
I certainly think so. One guy said he is going to go buy Tesla stock. Another said that he will wait for Tesla to make an EV work truck to replace his current vehicle after his wife told him next vehicle needed to be a Tesla. They all seemed to agree that this is the way of the future. I showed them the supercharger map and once they realized one could drive from Whistler in Canada to San Diego for free and with zero emissions, it really made sense.

None (but one) of the guests are in a position to afford one. So, they would be converts for the Model 3 in 2018... plus two years of standard Tesla delays.

The one who could buy it cash probably isn't tech savvy enough to make the jump.... but you never know. Perhaps I can lure him to drive the P85D at the dealership.

While I was away for Christmas, I gave my car to a close friend for a 4 day period, as he likes it but always been a bit doubtful about it's range/battery and charging options.

After I came back and he picked me up at the airport, he couldn't stop talking about it and how much fun he had with it during the time. It's one thing to talk about it and people to believe in what you say and another is when after so much talk to have the real experience.