Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spinning Navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

daxz

Supporting Member
Nov 15, 2011
Denver, CO
Has anyone had their navigation on the dash spin?
Mine does sometimes. Usually taking off from a stop going straight. And I am NOT doing donuts going down the road :)

Version 2018.39.7 9736c9b

NavSpin.gif

I had this happen on a few times in a previous version earlier this summer while driving down interstate at a constant 65mph.

Reactions: tacollier
Me too. I posted this on the Tesla Motors forum earlier today and had a few others report similar findings, interestingly the others had older vintage cars like mine (P85 late 2013); DAXZ above has a 2014 P85 so I was wondering if this is a batch of sensors failing around the same time, but Tim-in-Ca has a 2018 S75D, so perhaps it's a software issue. Happening more frequently, hope there's a software fix.

Thanks EZRado and DAXZ for posting the videos, that's exactly what I'm experiencing.

Reactions: tacollier
Yes mine did this too right after a software update. I have reached out to tesla and am waiting for an answer. I'm sure they will not be able to diagnose and call for a whole replacement of the system! Just happens to be my luck with this car, a lot of things break and they seem to never be able to figure it out!

Im sure Tesla could issue a fix for this. This seems like something to do with the GPS itself and its just trying to locate which direction you are going in since the GPS satellites are moving and when we stop they keep moving

Tesla has replaced my connectivity board as well as wrapped the boards with some special tape to stop interference. None of this helped so they said they do not know and the next step is to replace the whole MCU unit.

Tesla has replaced my connectivity board as well as wrapped the boards with some special tape to stop interference. None of this helped so they said they do not know and the next step is to replace the whole MCU unit.

They changed my mcu, and the same problem..

They changed my mcu, and the same problem.