Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify and Hulu included in 2019.32.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2019-9-27_17-49-44.jpeg

Any idea??

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-27_17-49-21.jpeg
    upload_2019-9-27_17-49-21.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 68
  • upload_2019-9-27_17-49-21.png
    upload_2019-9-27_17-49-21.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 32
  • upload_2019-9-27_17-49-44.png
    upload_2019-9-27_17-49-44.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 45
anyone with FSD that hasn't gotten it yet? Family members car in Nor Cal hasn't received it yet (AP 2.5 / Model 3) while my cars both got it (AP2/MCU1 Model S) and HW 3 Model 3)

that car didn't have FSD at purchase, it was added later. i wonder if that car will get delayed till the general release now....

Damn I hate that it’s wifi only. I would rather pay Tesla to use the cars LTE.

EDIT: Wifi restriction only applies to SR/SR+ models. Premium will get LTE.

Just saw that P3D/LR will be able to use LTE so I’m happy about that. Don’t like eating up my own cellular data.

Playlist over bluetooth would be a welcome addition. I still dream of getting Carplay someday though. I have it in my Bolt and its the feature I miss the most in my Tesla. I’m able to use any music and video app.

Where is this info coming from? Any word on Mid-Range? I am assuming it is lumped into using LTE because of the Premium Interior.

Hopefully a mod can update the title of this thread and include Netflix. I'm sitting at a free ChargePoint DC Fast station and Netflix is streaming over LTE.

Edit: Noticing some clicks and pops in the audio. Video seems to be okay with no obvious pixelazation or stuttering.

Last edited:
From th e release note: "you can also send videos to play in the Tesla Theater for supported theater sources by sharing the video link with the Tesla mobile app."

How do you do this? I share some videos from YouTube on my phone but nothing happens on Tesla Theater.

Does anyone who already has it know what will/won't on AP 2 model S's? The browser is basically unusable and we don't get all the arcade games. I'm really hoping youtube/netflix/hulu are there.

ap2.0 mcu 1 cars don’t get much at all except enhanced summon and Spotify. No Netflix :/ I tried loading Netflix in the browser but the mcu 1 browser takes 10 minutes just to bring up the Netflix sign in #facepalm

just leave an old iPad in the car and put it on the dash when parked and enable Bluetooth audio......compared to the 3 it’s the best hope we have for the mcu 1 cars

Plex works.... At least mine does in the browser.... No full screen option though.
There is a trick I viewed on Youtube (and checked out) that shows you can watch Plex full screen in Tesla Theater. Get into the Tesla Theater and go to YouTube. Find any video that will show you a Plex.tv link in the comments section. Once you click that link it will take you to the Plex website. Then just log into your account and there you go. Works like a charm. Here's a link a video with instructions. He had two methods but the first one was too involved:

There is a trick I viewed on Youtube (and checked out) that shows you can watch Plex full screen in Tesla Theater. Get into the Tesla Theater and go to YouTube. Find any video that will show you a Plex.tv link in the comments section. Once you click that link it will take you to the Plex website. Then just log into your account and there you go. Works like a charm. Here's a link a video with instructions. He had two methods but the first one was too involved:

There is actually a Plex website link below this video in YouTube.

Just did my first drive with V10 and spotify, and making a new account for the car does seem like the best idea.

The interface does not show me all the things that I see on the desktop app or on my phone (mostly the "made for you" stuff). I brought up my phone to try to get it to continue playing the current playlist I was listening to on my phone (like how you can control the desktop app w/your phone), and it worked well enough to stop music playback in the car b/c the account was in use elsewhere, but not well enough for me to select music on the phone and actually play it in the car.

What's worse, if I have spotify open on my phone, entering the car and trying to use the car's spotify is blocked after 5 seconds or so, when the phone auto-connecs to the BT because the account is in use elsewhere.

So, yeah, a new account for the car might be the best workaround until/unless this gets less clunky.