Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify connectivity issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does any else experience/found a way to fix the Spotify connectivity? I find regularly when I leave home Spotify will display the connecting loop circle almost indefinitely. I'm almost wondering if there's an issue with it connecting via wifi in the garage and then being shocked once it's out of range. However I also experience this leaving work. I would say this occurs every other day.

Something that would seem relatively straightforward to me is providing quite a low quality of life experience - especially considering it's one of the only reasons I pay for premium connectivity.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reactions: Erasmuz
Does any else experience/found a way to fix the Spotify connectivity? I find regularly when I leave home Spotify will display the connecting loop circle almost indefinitely. I'm almost wondering if there's an issue with it connecting via wifi in the garage and then being shocked once it's out of range. However I also experience this leaving work. I would say this occurs every other day.

Something that would seem relatively straightforward to me is providing quite a low quality of life experience - especially considering it's one of the only reasons I pay for premium connectivity.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Have you done a two finger reset?

I have a similar issue with connectivity. When I leave my garage the car doesn't connect for about 2 minutes and the GPS is also all over the place. M3P 2020. Sometimes Spotify does get itself in a bit of a mess. The kids think you can get it fixed by going into another app and then going back to Spotify. I had to do a reset a week or so ago when we couldn't get it back and then it was fine.

Reactions: Erasmuz
Follow the instructions in this thread and let us know if it resolves your problem.

Thanks for the replies.

I have occasionally done the app switch, sometimes just to regular radio and then back to Spotify and SOME of the time, that works, but it's not a 100% solution.

I've also done a hard reset for a few other reasons and have noticed I still have the issue pre-and-post resets. I'd like to think it's some sort of software scheduling hiccup and really hope someone is working on a fix.

I always thought it happens when the car is toggling between home wifi and car 4g (premium connectivity). My model Y will have same issue with spotify not working straight after I drive out of the house (therefore unable to connect to home wifi anymore). Then spotify will connective after a few min when car realise no wifi connection and jumps back its own 4g connection.