Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify in Model3 is buggy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems I've seems this thread somewhat also in the Model S part of the forum, but I've been having my model 3 for about a week now, and the spotify app in the car (not streaming from phone) has been working two days of the week. The rest of the time, it's impossible to load the playlist page (the Loading icon is spinning forever) and there is no way to get it to work again. (for me, even a reboot has not done anything).

It seems on the Model S, people were complaining about this since mid 2018, this seems frustrating if so. I'd wish the music app at least would work :) For the two days spotify worked fine, it was a charm, you open the door of the car and immediately spotify picks up where it left at, that's awesome.. if it would work for longer :)

Has there any other EU model 3 owner having issues with it?

• Funny
Reactions: asianxtreme
EU model 3 owner here, and not yet any problem with Spotify. which FW do you have? maybe new FW 2019.8.5 solve this.

It's been consistently buggy. I'm on 2019.8.6 right now and it still is :) I found some way around the bug which somewhat let me sneak around the apparent inability to play music on it. I also sometime switch to TuneIn podcast playing so I am resting myself from fighting with the spotify app...

All in all, when it work it's all great, but it's just not stable at all...

Yes: I am a european owner and yes: I have issues with spotify.
Well, to be precise: I used it for two days now and today I noticed it stucked.
Another owner reported changing language so the display rebooted and all was fine.
I tried the reboot by reset (pressing both knobs in the steering wheel) and this did the job as well.
So I am lucky for now.

i am also european owner for 2 weeksn now. i also have problems with the spotify app that keeps on loading...
does anyone know if it is possible to arrange you play lists? because if i open a list on the spotify app in the car it arrange my songs upside down... so the song that i have added last, will show op not first in my list but at the bottom... but in the spotify app on my phone for example it is at te top... with more than 300 songs in that list that is just not practical...