Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify in USA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only person not obsessed with Spotify ;)? If Tesla were going to add a service, I'd prefer them add a music service that has higher fidelity sound that takes advantage of their hardware (I just tested out YTM vs Spotify vs Tidal Vs Deezer on everything I own for the last 30 days). If they add Spotify, why not add apple music, Youtube Music, Tidal, ETC. It becomes a never ending game of forum rage about which app they don't support. It might be easier just to add in Apple car play/android auto support and have us stream it from there. Tesla might have some contract that keeps using slacker in the US.

Reactions: cbaaz and malou
Someone please tweet Elon... apparently that’s how basically anything gets done.
Is there a feedback or feature request site for Tesla Model 3?
I'm in tech, we request features, they get justification, put on a list, then prioritized. There's a public and internal (NDA) roadmap. Does Tesla do this all or is this forum the only place to make requests?

Tesla is a tech company so I am sure they do all that, with the exception that they likely dont publish a public facing roadmap style document. I would bet money that some at tesla read these (and other) forums. They just dont respond here. Why would they? can you even imagine what would happen if they did? Nothing positive in the slightest for anyone who posted here identifying themselves as working for tesla, thats for sure.

You can put suggestions into the contact tesla part of your tesla online account. Just dont expect them to have a public facing roadmap, or to make many public statements on these type of suggestions. Absolutely zero benefit for them doing so... nothing but downside.

Am I the only person not obsessed with Spotify ;)? If Tesla were going to add a service, I'd prefer them add a music service that has higher fidelity sound that takes advantage of their hardware (I just tested out YTM vs Spotify vs Tidal Vs Deezer on everything I own for the last 30 days). If they add Spotify, why not add apple music, Youtube Music, Tidal, ETC. It becomes a never ending game of forum rage about which app they don't support. It might be easier just to add in Apple car play/android auto support and have us stream it from there. Tesla might have some contract that keeps using slacker in the US.

I think that is ideally what we're asking for, an App Store, but instead of using our own data, using Tesla data via a clean integration. Failing that, a focus on Spotify and Sirius make the most sense as starting points but because Spotify already has an integration outside of the US and is a far superior solution for streaming music than Slacker. Sirius is already an OEM offering in every. single. car. available in the US except the M3. It drives me crazy that I can't use my lifetime Sirius subscription in my Tesla. F

ar and away my number one complaint about the car is the limited/lack of infotainment and the seeming lack of interest from Elon in addressing them. Adding the Tesla Arcade and Theater is fun and all but how about addressing the core functionality people use while they are driving?

Reactions: Phlier
I for one am not obsessed with Spotify. I would simply like for it to be integrated, as I have an account with playlists and the like already set up. I'd be equally fine with Google Music. Slacker works, but its selection is sometime lacking what I am looking for, and the media are sometimes compressed enough to make the "Premium Audio" in the upper-level Model 3 trim really show off how compressed they are.

Tesla can't just add everything willy-nilly though, since the audio is coming in via the cellular connection. I would be shocked (shocked!) if they did not have agreements with their LTE carrier to decrease the cost of specific services being used, or agreements with those services to bear some of the cost of Tesla's LTE Fleet contract.

Reactions: jjrandorin
And don't forget SR+ don't even have Slacker... Media player is really poor in SR+ compared to ~2015 cars. Only solution for SR+ is offline access via the phone, aka Car Play / Android Auto.
That's not the only option- you can also use the USB ports to access media files. You can even split a flash drive or SSD to house both TeslaCam/Sentry and media on the same physical drive.

..Or, in a pinch, the frequency-modulated radio transmission tuner.

That's not the only option- you can also use the USB ports to access media files. You can even split a flash drive or SSD to house both TeslaCam/Sentry and media on the same physical drive.

..Or, in a pinch, the frequency-modulated radio transmission tuner.

Yeah, like back in my 2003 Mazda... The old time when I had to manually manage music on my Sandisk 128Mo MP3 player :rolleyes:

Reactions: Matsayz