TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Spotify issues with V10

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by pdk42, Oct 29, 2019.

1. pdk42

pdk42 Member

I thought it was me, but I've seen other people saying that Spotify had become very unreliable since V10 arrived. And voice search is bringing up search results in a stupid way too.

Anyone else agree? How do we get Tesla to fix this?

2. Rob R

Rob R Member

Voice search has only worked well very occasionally for me, even on V.9.

3. RichM3

RichM3 Member

Both Spotify and Tunein are a load of crap. Buggy as hell and in the case of TuneIn, impossible to use for podcasts. I reported it via my Tesla account and got nothing back. No idea what the proper channels are to get this junk fixed but it needs sorting.

4. wickeruk

wickeruk Member

I think that Spotify is great when it works, but there have been quite a few issues where I have had to go back to radio. It looks like its playing tracks but there is no sound. Also had problems searching artists coming up with inaccurate results. When its working well I find that the voice commands also work quite well.

5. -DB-

-DB- Member

Spotify was always dodgy for me until software 2019.32.11.1 when I had zero issues. I got 2019.32.12.2 a few weeks ago and it's back to being hit or miss again.

• Like x 1
  6. RichM3

RichM3 Member

Yeah so this is part of the issue. The other day it did this 4 times inside 15 minutes. Its bloody tedious. The other issues are:

• No offline playback (this contributes to the constant failures to play in poor cell areas)
    • No visibility of collaborative playlists. God knows why.
    • TuneIn does not show all podcasts in a series. If there are more than 100 itll go back to about 50 at the earliest, meaning you cant use it.

Im sure there are more, but they are off the top of my head. Its just a poor experience all round tbh. Tesla need to bite the bullet and integrate carplay and android auto if they cant get this right.

7. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

I don't think will ever happen. I spoke with some at Tesla and it would be viewed as a potential security issue - sounded like a company view rather than personal opinion. Plus third party integrations like that may only work for a limited lifetime as technology marches on and older ones get deprecated then die.

8. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Member

Given the browser's capabilities these days they could just make the spotify app a browser window to open.spotify.com with some shenanigans to make sure it keeps playing when not visible.

Writing their own made sense years ago, but not really now.

9. RichM3

RichM3 Member

The current tech doesnt work now though :p I've heard all the excuses in the book so far. Other manufacturers seem to manage.

10. axw820

axw820 Member

Report this as a service appointment. I have raised it and they said that they were not aware of it being an issue. The more people moan the quicker it will get sorted!

11. alflavor

alflavor Member

I managed a record 8 tracks tonight before it stopped, and then me having to go to tunein and back to get it going again!

12. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

people are moaning for sure and it’s been reported and will raise it at service also

13. RichM3

RichM3 Member

Mines going in on the 11th - ill mention it to them too.