Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify issues with V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
I thought it was me, but I've seen other people saying that Spotify had become very unreliable since V10 arrived. And voice search is bringing up search results in a stupid way too.

Anyone else agree? How do we get Tesla to fix this?

Both Spotify and Tunein are a load of crap. Buggy as hell and in the case of TuneIn, impossible to use for podcasts. I reported it via my Tesla account and got nothing back. No idea what the proper channels are to get this junk fixed but it needs sorting.

I think that Spotify is great when it works, but there have been quite a few issues where I have had to go back to radio. It looks like its playing tracks but there is no sound. Also had problems searching artists coming up with inaccurate results. When its working well I find that the voice commands also work quite well.

I think that Spotify is great when it works, but there have been quite a few issues where I have had to go back to radio. It looks like its playing tracks but there is no sound. Also had problems searching artists coming up with inaccurate results. When its working well I find that the voice commands also work quite well.

Yeah so this is part of the issue. The other day it did this 4 times inside 15 minutes. Its bloody tedious. The other issues are:

• No offline playback (this contributes to the constant failures to play in poor cell areas)
  • No visibility of collaborative playlists. God knows why.
  • TuneIn does not show all podcasts in a series. If there are more than 100 itll go back to about 50 at the earliest, meaning you cant use it.

Im sure there are more, but they are off the top of my head. Its just a poor experience all round tbh. Tesla need to bite the bullet and integrate carplay and android auto if they cant get this right.

Tesla need to bite the bullet and integrate carplay and android auto if they cant get this right.

I don't think will ever happen. I spoke with some at Tesla and it would be viewed as a potential security issue - sounded like a company view rather than personal opinion. Plus third party integrations like that may only work for a limited lifetime as technology marches on and older ones get deprecated then die.

I don't think will ever happen. I spoke with some at Tesla and it would be viewed as a potential security issue - sounded like a company view rather than personal opinion. Plus third party integrations like that may only work for a limited lifetime as technology marches on and older ones get deprecated then die.

The current tech doesnt work now though :p I've heard all the excuses in the book so far. Other manufacturers seem to manage.

Report this as a service appointment. I have raised it and they said that they were not aware of it being an issue. The more people moan the quicker it will get sorted!