Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify on a personal account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Just trying to establish if anyone else has this problem or if I'm special :D

I use Spotify quite a bit and have a paid account. This works brilliantly on every device I have except for my Model S where, for the most part, I'm left with this:

The generic features of Spotify work fine, but anything to do with personal playlists - the things I use and update most often - hardly ever work. On the incredibly rare occasions when they do work, they work fine, but for the most part I'm left with the spinning refresh icon of doom.

It behaves the same on the car's baked-in LTE, tethered to my phone, on the WiFi AP in my garage, on a friend's BT internet via wifi, works wifi etc., so I'm fairty sure its not the internet connection. All other internet functions (firmware updates, map data, browser, TuneIn Radio, nav, app remote control) all work fine. Everything except personal Spotify functions.

What's even more weird is that I can access personal Spotify playlists from the "recents" menu and they do update, but obviously I can only access those that are still in the recents list.

Rebooting the MCU doesn't help.

If I sign out and use the generic Tesla account it works fine, but obviously I don't have access to my playlists. Sign in, and perhaps one in thirty times it works. It's very annoying.

Anyone else ever have anything similar?

Cheers!

People have been posting about this problem on the FB based Tesla Owners Group UK.

I also have a Spotify premium account. I sometimes get the spinning circle, but generally it works. When I update my saved albums or edit playlists it can takes some varied time to update in the car.

Tony