Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify/tunein/maps/navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 4 days my service request generated a message saying their techs would 'look into it' and get back to me...

Although I'm an amateur at this, seeing as quite a number of people are suffering across a range of vehicles, I'd say it's something at Tesla's mothership or their software...

Reactions: Adopado
I am glad I am not alone.
We live in Glasgow and have 2 Teslas.
Model Y and Model 3LR.
Both of the cars have been affected with map and Spotify issues.
Really irritating.
Have contacted Tesla but the same usual non sense response.
They are clueless and useless.
I will NEVER again buy a Tesla.
I have cancelled my order for Model S as well.
Tesla couldn't care less about their customers.
There are so many other options now.
Even my friend who has an electric Skoda, reports fantastic customer service and having seen his vehicle, I must admit, I felt a bit stupid having bought a Tesla (without a parking sensor)

I also have been getting the map load issue , and for me it only started with the 23 update.two button reset brought it back for 30 mins then it went again. Everyday is a lottery as to whether the maps work or not, but Apple Music for me has improved, so go figure

+1 for issue in the North West.
Only started on Saturday when we drove to Wigan, no maps.
Earlier trip to Middleton on Friday no issues.
Only had the car 2 weeks and was fine until yesterday.
Been on 2023.2.12 since last week and had installed the previous update the week earlier when we picked the car up.
I was assuming it was down to the LTE connection being flaky?
But will try a reset.

+1 for issue in the North West.
Only started on Saturday when we drove to Wigan, no maps.
Earlier trip to Middleton on Friday no issues.
Only had the car 2 weeks and was fine until yesterday.
Been on 2023.2.12 since last week and had installed the previous update the week earlier when we picked the car up.
I was assuming it was down to the LTE connection being flaky?
But will try a reset.
Back working now, turned off Wifi shows the LTE symbol with signal and happily will plot a route to Wigan with map showing.
Spotify, TuneIn, Netflix & Youtube all worked, I didn't reset in the end.
Hopefully just a glitch in the matrix.

Reactions: ElectricPolice
Took a phone call from Tesla today. No fix at the moment. They believe its down to the mapping software and the data provider as opposed to Tesla! Not sure why this would cause issues with Spotify though.

My support ticket has been upgraded to "resolved remotely" which clearly isnt the case and is a bit annoying as i dont want to be overlooked if there are any updates.

Anybody else received a call?

no Call, but they did ask via the app for me to send them the co ordinates of where I have been experiencing the issue, I've had it in various locations across many miles so I cant see it being a local cellular issue but I have played along and provided the details.

I haven't been having the issue last couple of weeks (apart from the odd time the map tiles take a few seconds to load on the edge of the screen). The most annoying thing I have at the mo is the DAB crackling/Stuttering is getting worse, not sure if it is related but have added to my SR.

Update, as per the above from @hab66 and @spooksman I received a message stating the mapping issue appears to be between Google and the server provider. They stated Tesla are working on developing a software package that will overcome the issue and they have registered my car as affected by the issue which means my car will be one of the first to receive the firmware when available. They have also closed my Ticket and raised a new ticket to look at the Poor DAB quality I have experienced recently.

Reactions: hab66
Update, as per the above from @hab66 and @spooksman I received a message stating the mapping issue appears to be between Google and the server provider. They stated Tesla are working on developing a software package that will overcome the issue and they have registered my car as affected by the issue which means my car will be one of the first to receive the firmware when available. They have also closed my Ticket and raised a new ticket to look at the Poor DAB quality I have experienced recently.
I thought the issue had largely gone away, but yesterday I travelled from Manchester to Cornwall with just the 'blue line' for 90% of the journey - no map and no satellite view. It returned after a stop for a comfort break.

Same issues here, took a call from the SC yesterday acknowledged it’s a known issue with their providers and they are working on a firmware update, no date given for this. Asked about compensation and his manager quoted me the terms and conditions of the 'premium connectivity' - 5. events beyond our control "We are not responsible for delay or failure in providing Service due to conditions beyond our control and you are not entitled to credit or refund as a result of any such delay or failure.". I feel by them telling me they are working on an update it is within their control, i also pointed out in my reply that its also issues with just normal connectivity with the car e.g. app not connecting to the car, DAB, normal map view.

Glad I found this thread. We have been seeing Spotify issues in our Y. Not sure if related but we are also having an issue in that if we have driven car the day before and parked it when screen is in night mode (dark) when we get in the next day (full daylight) it stays in dark mode for a few minutes before reverting to light mode.

Reactions: woodmountain
I’ve had same issue over the last couple of months. Service say they are aware of the issue so I’ve asked for a refund of premium connectivity! Ya v annoying and does seem to happen more at certain addresses… again leeds area. V odd.

(I posted this on another thread earlier today, but add it here a further data point)

We had the blank screen/no map data issue twice today. Each time was when we passed through Bolton, going to and coming back from Bury. Odd really as the mobile service is usually very good in that area and there are relay masts all over the place.

After the data went on the outward journey it never returned while we were driving, only reappearing after the car had been parked in Bury for a couple of hours. On the return journey we left it to see if it would sort itself out when we hit the M60; it didn't so we put a destination into the navigation to see if that would prompt anything. That brought up the route and a map but with no labels or other data - presumably a cached version from memory? Did a reboot while we were driving* which did bring back the full map data.

*(Note for the uninitiated - doing this means you lose the speedo display for a while and of course have no access to any screen based functions/controls until the reboot finishes)

(In other news, the Hong Kong Food Festival at Bury Market was good, if a bit crowded.)

Having read that others were having the same issues as me (crackly DAB radio, maps appearing blank etc), I raised the issue last week in the service app. CAr due to go to service centre tomorrow morning but just received a message telling me that they noticed my firmware needed updating and they pushed an update through to me. SC stated that both issues were characteristics of previous firmware and they have found this new update sorts it out. Like most on here I install software updates as I get them so not sure why they thought I was behind in them. Anyway update 2023.2.12 currently installing and I'll update as to whether this resolves issues.

Paul

Having read that others were having the same issues as me (crackly DAB radio, maps appearing blank etc), I raised the issue last week in the service app. CAr due to go to service centre tomorrow morning but just received a message telling me that they noticed my firmware needed updating and they pushed an update through to me. SC stated that both issues were characteristics of previous firmware and they have found this new update sorts it out. Like most on here I install software updates as I get them so not sure why they thought I was behind in them. Anyway update 2023.2.12 currently installing and I'll update as to whether this resolves issues.

Paul
I had a mobile service scheduled for tomorrow to resolve. Got a nice call from an engineer at Tesla explaining they were aware of the issue and were currently trying to fix, no need for mobile technician to visit in person.

Map issue caused by driving through areas of weak/no cell tower coverage which causes an irrecoverable server error (without reset of MCU) when downloading the map tiles. Haven't noticed issued with DAB though.

Bad news for you is that I'm already on 2023.2.12.

Map issue caused by driving through areas of weak/no cell tower coverage which causes an irrecoverable server error (without reset of MCU) when downloading the map tiles.
Sounds spot on, however it does appear that getting out and going for a 'comfort break' resolves it.

Not sure if an MCU reset is triggered by the driver having a quick wee, but it sorted it three times out of three for me this week 😂.

I'm on 2023.2.12 as well 👍

Reactions: Medved_77
Sounds spot on, however it does appear that getting out and going for a 'comfort break' resolves it.

Not sure if an MCU reset is triggered by the driver having a quick wee, but it sorted it three times out of three for me this week 😂.

I'm on 2023.2.12 as well 👍
Exiting the car and allowing the screen to turn off would also count as a reset in this case, I think.

Reactions: spooksman