Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity and Spotify is a joke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still having a problem. Recently did a service contact, they said they will do some diagnostics. Still waiting a week down the line. Apple/Bluetooth works fine. TuneIn/Radio and Caraoke doesn't show album art work.

I've also notice the Map is starting to get laggy. So not showing the map, and also being too late with telling me where to go or if traffic is up ahead. It caused me to sit in a 1hour traffic jam the other day because it told me 10 seconds after passing the turning.

Reactions: Andrew_SE23
Why absolutely irrelevant?. Obviously it works better for some than other irrelevant of being in the UK or not hence why im not keen in relying on data signal for either maps and curated music etc also hence why I like apple CarPlay because I have all the space on my phone for downloaded music and maps.
sorry, but how is it relevant situation in UK with USA carriers?

sorry, but how is it relevant situation in UK with USA carriers?
The way the thread is titled is miss-leading to my eyes. To me it generalizes that “Premium Connectivity is a joke” which it clearly is not. It is understood that the capability is very much network dependent and its non-operation should not be titled as a reflection that the underlying product is a “joke”.

The way the thread is titled is miss-leading to my eyes. To me it generalizes that “Premium Connectivity is a joke” which it clearly is not. It is understood that the capability is very much network dependent and its non-operation should not be titled as a reflection that the underlying product is a “joke”.
sorry but it is a joke if it doesn't work.

I just had a call back from Tesla who said they they hope the next update with .40 in will fix it. I asked when we expect that, and he said he doesn't know......so it could be months.

He also said there is some security problems on the LTE network and its causing maps not to load and sat nav to be laggy. Also syncs with Spotify is another reason it doesn't work properly.

So I asked if a factory reset would work and he confirmed it probably would.

Honestly, its good they are looking into it, but its poor and a joke. I'm cancelling Premium Connectivity immediately.

sorry but it is a joke if it doesn't work.

And if it is not outside Tesla's control. Otherwise the title is misleading.

The support advice given is contradictory and sounds a lot like the sort of stuff they routinely make up.

"Future update will fix it"
"Its the 3rd party network provider"
"Factory reset will fix it"

If network provider has changed the security interface if definitely wouldn't take Tesla months to reprogram for it (as support is proposing).

Its very suspicious that it "Sometimes works" and "Sometimes doesn't" - likely cause of that is an update which has been implemented in some places, and not in others. Tesla doesn't have loads of servers dotted about geographically, i.e. where the problems arise, so IMO its much more likely to be the network provider - who definitely has stuff scattered geographically.

Of course if Tesla did actually disseminate quality information, to keep their support staff properly informed, then they would be in a position to actually say where the problem lies

I just had a call back from Tesla who said they they hope the next update with .40 in will fix it. I asked when we expect that, and he said he doesn't know......so it could be months.

Tesla convention is, for major versions, its week number plus a bit more.

So 2023.12 would be early april ish.

If it is indeed 2023.40.x, then that would make it end oct, early nov (ish).

So yes, months and probably months and months.

And if it is not outside Tesla's control. Otherwise the title is misleading.

The support advice given is contradictory and sounds a lot like the sort of stuff they routinely make up.

"Future update will fix it"
"Its the 3rd party network provider"
"Factory reset will fix it"

If network provider has changed the security interface if definitely wouldn't take Tesla months to reprogram for it (as support is proposing).

Its very suspicious that it "Sometimes works" and "Sometimes doesn't" - likely cause of that is an update which has been implemented in some places, and not in others. Tesla doesn't have loads of servers dotted about geographically, i.e. where the problems arise, so IMO its much more likely to be the network provider - who definitely has stuff scattered geographically.

Of course if Tesla did actually disseminate quality information, to keep their support staff properly informed, then they would be in a position to actually say where the problem lies
They put resolved in the service text, so I asked that it was esclated to management level because I'm not happy at all.

A company that promotes itself on future technology and all that malarky, and they can't even get Spotify or the Sat Nav to work. Looks like Tesla are off my books in the future if they keep coming out with this rubbish.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
A company that promotes itself on future technology and all that malarky, and they can't even get Spotify or the Sat Nav to work. Looks like Tesla are off my books in the future if they keep coming out with this rubbish.
Reminds me of when voice control for my phone worked perfectly in 2019 then for at least 2 years I couldn't call a contact due to something they changed in an update, in the end I stopped even attempting it.

The Spotify issue has been ongoing since it was introduced, its doesn't help if you use a premium on another device as sometimes there are also multiple user issues, if you can get a "cheap" tidal account and a hotspot you would not have this problem, not that this excuses Tesla or anything

Reactions: Js1977
Reminds me of when voice control for my phone worked perfectly in 2019 then for at least 2 years I couldn't call a contact due to something they changed in an update, in the end I stopped even attempting it.

The Spotify issue has been ongoing since it was introduced, its doesn't help if you use a premium on another device as sometimes there are also multiple user issues, if you can get a "cheap" tidal account and a hotspot you would not have this problem, not that this excuses Tesla or anything
Streaming is a great for static reliable connections. And yes, I agree that this does not excuse Tesla since this is the model they have chosen. There is no replacement for local direct play content for reliability imho.

You can also download the tracks to the car with Tidal which is useful!
I get it....the thing I dont subscribe to tidal and If i did subscribed to tidal, I could have it on my phone just the same and carl play/android auto in the same fashion, Spotify and amazon the same and so on... I will stream from my phone to the teslas via btooth (not a great interface), to my portable speaker, to my avr etc etc. I dont have to download the music to both teslas, booth speaker avr and so on if you get the gist of it. Occasionally I will stream over the web (mostly radio and sometimes apple music playlists) to my company computer at work for convenience since the infrastructure is already there and reliable without adding further hardware clutter. Regardless, my personal playlists always work wether I have a network connection to the internet or not (bottom line)

What do you do if you're on a long drive on your own and using the hotspot? You can't use the screen to select albums etc can you? It means having to pick up your phone, which you shouldn't be doing....or am I wrong ?

What do you do if you're on a long drive on your own and using the hotspot? You can't use the screen to select albums etc can you? It means having to pick up your phone, which you shouldn't be doing....or am I wrong ?

You're right, you don't get the same flexibility when using a hotspot. So planning and creating playlists before setting off become important.

Reactions: Leejmoff