Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too am in the US and I asked about Spotify before buying my P3D. I was told by someone in the UK (on Twitter) that the Tesla Spotify interface isn't very good and they still preferred to use their phone over Bluetooth rather than the native Tesla interface for Spotify.

For those of us in the US, you can use Spotify over Bluetooth and you may also want to check out this web browser interface for remotely controlling Spotify (on your phone) from the Tesla touch screen.

T-Spot

upload_2019-3-16_20-9-4.png

That's the best one I've found so far, but there are other | options too. It's the best I've found, but it can still be pretty sluggish to respond. If anyone's found a better option than TSpot, please share.

• Informative
Reactions: halfricanguy
Seems like if Tesla signed an exclusive deal with Slacker that contract should have terminated by now. Assume they extended it at some point or Slacker gave them a sweetheart deal for a very long term deal.
It's kind of nuts to me that this never managed to leak, somehow. While I find Slacker acceptable, I would much prefer my Spotify Premium account that I'm already paying for. Are we stuck with it forever? 1 more year? 2 more years? Does it reach a point that's worth considering converting to Slacker premium?

A few months ago on Twitter, Elon asked for Number 1 feature requests from users and it was overwhelmingly Spotify in response. I'm really hoping it's a deal that would be winding down soon vs something recently extended.

Slacker premium really doesn't get you a ton since you still can't change bitrate on the client side (IIRC there's some other features the Tesla client doesn't enable either but you'd have to find one of the other threads on it for details)

I'm in the UK and I am still trying to get my head around the Model S Spotify app - I may be completely missing the point but it seems to me that to make half-sensible use of Tesla Spotify you need to use a paid for account. This is a headache for me and the family as we use Deezer and are very happy with that and really don't want to have to change.

I had hoped the car's Spotify account was a full featured Premium account simply limited to use on the car but I can't see how to create play lists and what about downloading tracks? Can anyone confirm this?