Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not used to Spotify and don't have a personal account. I was hoping the car, in effect, had its own account that could make multiple playlists, for example.

It seems you can add tracks to 'Your Library' but that's about it? In fact even doing this I haven't worked out how to remove tracks from 'Your Library'.

Is the bottom line that the while the car has the Spotify Premium app, the default Tesla account is very limited in what it can do?

very limited in what it can do?

It can play whatever music you or your passengers want ... works for me :)

But if you want all the features of a personal Spotify account (including being able to use your Home Sonos/whatever Spotify playlists then you'll need to use your personal account.

Every time we get in a car #1 Daughter wants a Playlist. We have to listen to the same stuff over and over ... I don't get it ... but Hey!

using Spotify on the phone or my PC

You got a spotify capable device at home? We have Sonos and it can be quite fun at e.g a dinner party asking around the table what folk enjoyed listening to in the 70's (that dates me ...) and then queuing them up on my phone under the table so that everyone's favourites are then playing during the evening ... :)

Reactions: vitesse
You got a spotify capable device at home? We have Sonos and it can be quite fun at e.g a dinner party asking around the table what folk enjoyed listening to in the 70's (that dates me ...) and then queuing them up on my phone under the table so that everyone's favourites are then playing during the evening ... :)

Sonos is brilliant, and don't they breed like rabbits! I only have the in car Spotify and like the way at the end of an album it'll start playing music it reckons you'll like. Up popped a Shakatak track I hadn't heard for donkeys years. Googled them only to find they still do the odd gig - seen them twice since then o_O

Reactions: vitesse
Sonos is brilliant

I think it used to be more brilliant ...

I find the APP far less intuitive than it used to be.

And there are frequent updates which are compulsory, so your listening pleasured delayed by 5 minutes whilst everything gets updated ...

But maybe the way I have mine set up is sub-optimal. I have a master switch for all Sonos units, and they are off when not needed (Eco-Wannabe here ... :cool: )

I have a fairly conventional AV amp setup and surround speakers. TV has Google Voice assistant but we don't have any smart speakers or other IoT gadgets (yet!). Our house isn't large so not much call for it so far. Plenty of LAN/Wi-Fi infrastructure here for other stuff including 16TB of NAS storage, but that's another story! :)

Is there any way to share a playlist from your regular account to the cars Spotify account or have other queue up songs or is it a case of having to log in with your own full account for this ?

Also if you log in with your account how to you get back into the one that came with the car ?

Let me know when you are going and I'll send your toddler a single-note plastic-trumpet the day before ... as someone :mad: did for ours when she was a toddler
Don’t worry. I already have a tin whistle that was in a party “goody” bag that she manages to hide in the car seats between trips. Somehow the only things I manage to find between the seats are pieces of biscuit and raisins. So glad now I’m going for the 6 seater option.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Is there any way to share a playlist from your regular account to the cars Spotify account or have other queue up songs or is it a case of having to log in with your own full account for this ?

Also if you log in with your account how to you get back into the one that came with the car ?

In theory you can search for others' public playlists, including yours from your own account but it seems a bit hit and miss. It's best to log into your own account in the car. When you log out again it reverts to the Tesla account.

Reactions: Oddbin
We just use the Tesla Spotify account and search for artists, songs, playlists etc on the fly - saving favourites along the way. I find it leads to more variety than using your own same-old custom playlists. I find the search engine can be a bit temperamental at times though and saved artists/playlists sometimes randomly disappear!
The problem with only having one set of favourites is my wife and I have overlapping but also quite incompatible music tastes! :D