Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And reactions have zero validity in gauging whether something is valid or not. Polls here are just as inaccurate and subject to selection bias among other confounds. Yes, 2nd graders might consider that science, but a high school statistics class rapidly teaches otherwise.
What's really interesting to me about these comments is that OP asked how to take Spotify off of their screen for an unspecified reason. Others chimed in saying similar things for the reasons that were important to them. This appears to have offended the sensibilities of some members, who chimed in sarcastically or seriously as to why they disagreed. They were perfectly happy with their Spotify subscriptions but because they disagreed with the other person's perfectly personal reasons to cancel, they were compelled to say something. They have no need to take action on their cars, no desire to change anything, but because someone else did, it bothered them to the point of needing to post.

Calling this "cancel culture" is incorrect in my view. Cancel culture is when a platform or society at large doesn't allow someone to redeem themselves. Canceling a service because it doesn't meet your needs or doesn't align with your values is the free market. To suggest that people who are canceling Spotify are part of "cancel culture" is just wrong. They're part of the free market, which has always allowed people to make individual decisions based on their value set or group decisions to "boycott" a market. In fact, the United States itself has strong foundations in the boycott.

So when someone comes into a thread that really has no dog in the game and tells participants why they're wrong about their personal decisions, I would argue they are just as guilty of "not allowing opposing viewpoints" as anyone.
I agree. But nowhere have I suggested that the polls indicate correct science, so please do not project that upon me. They do indicate opinion and I believe everyone has the right to express one, that was the single and only intent of my post.

Upvote 0
I agree. But nowhere have I suggested that the polls indicate correct science, so please do not project that upon me. They do indicate opinion and I believe everyone has the right to express one, that was the single and only intent of my post.
Apologize. I likely drew the wrong conclusion from these posts:
The count is 11 agree + me, and 4 disagree, so at 12 to 4 I think we have identified the trend. Time to close this thread @ohmman and get back to talking Tesla.

No, as it says in the post this is a trend, and it is a number taken from the TMC count, and it is pretty clear.
12 is greater than 4, and that is science at a 2nd grade level that we all understand. The OP asked who has considered cancelling Spotify and the current trend is 12 no and 4 yes. It's that simple, it does not ask for political or scientific opinions, which many including you and I have now expressed and it tends to get ugly. As a moderator I asked you to close it for that reason.

My only point was that using reactions as evidence for closing a thread is entirely without merit, as it reflects nothing except the resonance of a joke or the selection of those who might vote or the those who are attracted to a thread or any other number of other factors.

We rarely lock threads here. Seems like that would be a behavior you’d actually strongly oppose, but I don’t want to make the same mistake twice.

Upvote 0
I would simply like the software update to allow greater control over what apps we can install. I would really like to delete Spotify. I don't subscribe to it, and it still showed up on my frequently used apps (early on after the update). Now it seems that other apps have superseded it. Still a waste of electrons.

Reactions: Sporty
Upvote 0
I don’t disagree with a lot of what you said but the only difference is Joe Rogan has an audience of millions? and he’s a “celebrity” so people treat him different than they would if he was just some guy screaming from a milk crate at the supermarket. He’s spreading dangerous information that’s been proven false by doctors and scientists. He’s putting people in danger. Yes those people can choose NOT to listen, or unsubscribe to his podcast or to Spotify itself but JR and Spotify have some sense of responsibility to not spout falsehoods that endanger people. It’s a slippery slope I know. I am NOT about cancel culture on either side of the ideological divide but we as consumers have a choice and can use that choice to demand accountability by speaking out and not patronizing a business or entity that we disagree with.
My dad told me this before I joined the army, really good bit of advice imo. “Doesn’t matter if they’re a Private, a General or even the Queen herself…..all still *sugar* out an arsehole same as everyone else …and it still smells”.

Upvote 0