Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question from user that ordered, but have not yet taken delivery.

The car supports spotify, but am i in need of a spotify account or is it "included" ?

Have read conflicting reports, some say it is included with the premium, some are more vague.

I have a subscription to a domestic "Spotify'alike" service in my home country, but i would be right in assuming that i can not use that ? (Previous car had Android Auto, and that streaming service worked fine through AA) (I have a subscription = Subscription is part of the work subscription for my mobile phone)

So, what is the correct answer :)

You can find multiple online promotion offers good for 2 months free Spotify Premium when you sign up. Paypal has an offer of 3 months free Spotify premium.

Also, Tesla now supports Apple Music and Tidal, both of these are premium services that require accounts.

Reactions: hmadsen
You need an account. Free version isn’t good enough. Has to be premium.
Okay, that makes sense.

Will probably not buy it, here it cost about $14 a month, and i don't see myself using it so much that i can justify the price.

If i want streaming music, i can just use the subscription to the service i have, and play that through bluetooth.

It seems, they have tunein radio, i have used that app before to stream radio stations, so i'll probably go with that for my daily commute.

But again, thanks for clearing this up, this crosses one of the things i was wondering about, off of the list :)

Several hacks (alledgedly) to that though:

1) BT connect your phone, stream free Spotify from there.
2) Download whatever you want via free spoty to a USB thumb drive, connect same to load into car.

Disclaimer: Have done none the above. Car sitting in a shed hiding from wife until Tuesday.

We have a Spotify family account with 4 logins, but mine is the only one connected to the car. Can my wife's car profile be connected to her Spotify account? There are some questionable recommendations I get now and there's no Thumbs Down like in Pandora.

We have a Spotify family account with 4 logins, but mine is the only one connected to the car. Can my wife's car profile be connected to her Spotify account? There are some questionable recommendations I get now and there's no Thumbs Down like in Pandora.
If she has a driver profile set up, she can log into her own account. Depends what software version you’re on so if it’s fresh off the lot, you might not immediately have that functionality. My wife and I share the car daily and it switches fairly flawlessly/quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: Noflash
Question from user that ordered, but have not yet taken delivery.

The car supports spotify, but am i in need of a spotify account or is it "included" ?

Have read conflicting reports, some say it is included with the premium, some are more vague.

I have a subscription to a domestic "Spotify promotion" service in my home country, but i would be right in assuming that i can not use that ? (Previous car had Android Auto, and that streaming service worked fine through AA) (I have a subscription = Subscription is part of the work subscription for my mobile phone)

So, what is the correct answer :)
In most cases, to use Spotify in your car, you'll need an active Spotify account. Some car manufacturers may offer a trial or bundled subscription with certain models, but it's essential to check with your dealership or the car manufacturer for specifics regarding your vehicle.

Regarding your existing subscription to a domestic music streaming service, unfortunately, it's unlikely that you'll be able to use it with Spotify in your car. Each service typically requires its own separate account and may not be interchangeable, especially when it comes to integrated systems like those found in cars.

To ensure clarity, I'd recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of your car or consulting the documentation provided with your vehicle to confirm the details of the Spotify integration and any subscription requirements. This way, you can be certain about what's included and what additional steps,