Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spurious Tesla Supercharger Visa charge [RESOLVED]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla Y LR 2023 is sitting in my garage in rural Washington State. My Visa card just notified me of a $16.xx Supercharger charge at 2:33am EDT, June 16, which is impossible.
Update: this appears to be a repeat billing for a charge made on June 7th at a Supercharger in The Dalles, OR.
Further update: it appears that the original charge on June 7th did not go through, and this is probably a legitimate resubmittal by The Dalles Supercharger. No bad on Tesla :cool: Now I know this can happen, I know how to monitor it. I bought a CCS adapter, and found it useful on our long trip in rural Utah/Nevada/Arizona, where ChargePoint chargers enabled a route impossible using only Tesla.

Last edited:
Is it actually Tesla or something that looks like Tesla?

I'd double-check that it's Tesla and report it to both.
How to check Tesla? Charges don't appear when I log onto Tesla.com, nor are shown in my iOS Tesla app. The only listing of charges I can find are on my Visa account.
Revised: it is indeed in iOS app, buried deep. Top right icon of your 'face':Account:Charging:History
Thanks, F

Last edited:
How to check Tesla? Charges don't appear when I log onto Tesla.com, nor are shown in my iOS Tesla app. The only listing of charges I can find are on my Visa account.

I meant to compare the line in your Visa billing to a known other Supercharger billing line. Does it look the same or different?
If it looks different it could just be a scam charge they're hoping you'll miss.

Otherwise, if it looks the same contact both your card company to remove the charge, and also Tesla to report it.