Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spurring the Adoption of Sustainable Transport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX
This evening my wife and I offered to split the cost of the reservation deposit for anyone (excluding other partners) in my office (www.lakeflato.com) who reserves a Model 3 between 3/31 and 4/30. We'll pay $500 and they'll pay $500.

As our Teslas and TSLA have been very good to us for the last 3+ years, we felt that it would be a great time to contribute more broadly to the adoption of sustainable transport.

I encourage others considering such a move to do something similar - I was grinning ear to ear as I posted the offer on our company intranet. I have no idea how many people will take us up on it, I assume at least five and perhaps double digits. I'll come back and update this post as numbers change.

Wow, that's very generous of you. I hadn't thought of something like this, but it sounds like a good idea. To promote EV's at our business we have installed charging stations that supply power at no cost. The availability of free power has been a factor in successfully swaying three of the people in our office to purchase EV's.

Reactions: AMPd
This evening my wife and I offered to split the cost of the reservation deposit for anyone (excluding other partners) in my office (www.lakeflato.com) who reserves a Model 3 between 3/31 and 4/30. We'll pay $500 and they'll pay $500.

As our Teslas and TSLA have been very good to us for the last 3+ years, we felt that it would be a great time to contribute more broadly to the adoption of sustainable transport.

I encourage others considering such a move to do something similar - I was grinning ear to ear as I posted the offer on our company intranet. I have no idea how many people will take us up on it, I assume at least five and perhaps double digits. I'll come back and update this post as numbers change.

Sending you my resume right now :)

Great idea, and very generous. If I can take a big bite out of the Gulfstream $15,000,000 pick 6 pool today. I will do the same thing in my building (50 units).

Wow, that's very generous of you. I hadn't thought of something like this, but it sounds like a good idea. To promote EV's at our business we have installed charging stations that supply power at no cost. The availability of free power has been a factor in successfully swaying three of the people in our office to purchase EV's.
That would be our next step, we have a scenario where our firm's founding partners own the building we're in, so it's an investment that takes more buy-in. Perhaps its time will come.

Our office is about 75 full-time employees who are not partners, so I'm thinking it lands between 5 and 10, but who knows!

3 drove to Austin this morning (80 miles from San Antonio) and the rest will reserve tonight. I was going to go with the crew to Austin but we received a late invite to the unveil. Staring at the Pacific Ocean right now, heading to Hawthorne in about an hour.

Canadian firm pays $1k deposit for workers

TeslaMondo reached out to the company for some bullet points about this Model ☰ incentive program. Block your ears, because here come them bullets:

• Almost 200 people in the company. 65% of respondents have said they’re going to take advantage of the program.
  • Around 10 people put down deposits before the program began and they have been reimbursed.
  • We expect to see over 100 Teslas in the parking lot once the orders are fulfilled.
<snip>
  • We’re a software consulting and development firm and we’ve actually done work with Tesla Motors themselves.
  • The purpose of the program is to inspire our community of employees as well as other purpose driven organizations to invest in sustainable technologies, like the Model 3.
<snip>
Canadian firm pays $1k deposit for workers

Update - We've landed 12 reservations out about 75 possible in the office, so that's 16%. If the general driving population matches that, it would be over 34M Model 3s in the US alone (214M drivers)! We originally set a deadline of April 30th to encourage early reservations and maximum tax credit opportunity, but with the news of accelerated production, we might just leave it open. At any rate, it's been a fun promotion, thanks for letting me share it here.