Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squashed gasket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had this happen to them in respect to the rear tire hubs. I seem to have a gasket that got squashed. Not sure if I should do anything about it.

Attachments

• IMG_1978 (1).JPG
    IMG_1978 (1).JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 81
Has anyone had this happen to them in respect to the rear tire hubs. I seem to have a gasket that got squashed. Not sure if I should do anything about it.
It looks like your hub centric ring adapter for your aftermarket wheels wasn’t the right size and it was squashed when they put the wheel on as a result of the improper fitment. Or it wasn’t removed when the oem wheels were reinstalled and that’s what squashed it. Was this discovered because you couldn’t install your oem wheels flush after removing the aftermarket wheels?

Thank you all. I can now see how it happened. I took my snow tires off and put my summer tires with rims back on because I got the snows put on to early in the season. The firm that put my winter rims on did not tell me about the centre hub. I am good with my winter rims but will have to take the gaskets off when I put my summers on and get new gaskets when I put my winter rims back on next winter. Thank you all. Nice to have this forum to reach out to when there is a problem. Tesla service could not figure out what I was talking about and wanted me to come in.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr