Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ 2019.8.3 Map is no longer in Sat view

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I got my SR+ last week, it was in Sat view. After today's update maps are no longer in sattelite view.

Immersive audio option is also fixed. Although, I can't feel a difference in sound quality.
Do you mean it’s only in the matte grey mode? I thought something was up too but then I tapped on my map interface and the icons appeared at the bottom right corner to show the satellite view.

Yes, it's matte grey mode (the default view in Google maps). I don't see any option to go back to satelite view.

Are you on standard + with partial premium interiors?

It's funny, I noticed last night my maps changed from satellite to the standard matte grey look. I was able to click in the lower right of the screen to make them satellite again (click the area and the options will then show up, then click the satellite view). I didn't have any software update either, still on 2019.5.15. LR RWD here.

It's funny, I noticed last night my maps changed from satellite to the standard matte grey look. I was able to click in the lower right of the screen to make them satellite again (click the area and the options will then show up, then click the satellite view). I didn't have any software update either, still on 2019.5.15. LR RWD here.

At night, they auto change from Sat to regular view without you having to do anything.

SR+ comes with standard maps which don't include the satellite. Premium interior options come with both satellite and standard maps.

Just curious, did this change? I've seen some other people mention this so I have to ask if no one noticed when ordering or what??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 9.08.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 9.08.35 AM.png
    759.8 KB · Views: 221
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
SR+ cars do not include satellite view maps as part of the package. There is currently no option to purchase a premium connectivity upgrade to add the satellite maps or the traffic visualization that the Premium Interiors offer as standard.

Cars with Premium Interior get the premium connectivity free for the first year. After that they have to pay an annual fee to keep the connectivity. Tesla has not announced formal pricing but has stated they estimate it to be around $100 per year. Tesla has stated they will announce premium connectivity options for the SR+ later this year but nothing beyond that.

Some owners of the SR+ have posted that they are getting satellite view maps while others have stated they are not. It is most likely a bug in the software that Tesla will address with a future update.

SR+ comes with standard maps which don't include the satellite. Premium interior options come with both satellite and standard maps.

Just curious, did this change? I've seen some other people mention this so I have to ask if no one noticed when ordering or what??
Mind blown. Did not know this. I just ordered everything and now pretty glad I did.

Also, the Sat maps and the traffic visualization does not seem to really work on mine. I can roll out on a Sunday AM and it shows the street in places Orange or Red and no one is there.

When I got my SR+ last week, it was in Sat view. After today's update maps are no longer in sattelite view.

Immersive audio option is also fixed. Although, I can't feel a difference in sound quality.

Can you tell us if sound is coming from the A Pillar speakers? I think that's supposed to be the biggest change for immersive audio....at least that's what folks are expecting.