Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Audio System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my SR+ on 3/14 and it's pretty great so far. One thing I noticed is that the sound system is a little bit shallow, especially while driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjmHzkvjuvg

This guy did a comparison and found that the two A pillar speakers (tweeter and mid) and rear speakers above the trunk don't seem to be driven, and I confirmed this. He took one for the team and pulled back the trim on the door to reveal that there are indeed speakers physically populated.

The configurator mentions "Upgraded audio – immersive sound" as a feature in the partial premium trim, but the SR+ audio settings (as you see in the video) doesn't have the immersive sound option.

Anyone have any idea what's the deal here? Pending future software update?

I'm curious as well. I had a look in the back of my SR+ yesterday and saw the rear shelf speakers were installed, but non-functioning. Right now I think the sound is a bit lacking in the rear, would like to be able to use what's there!

A software difference may be what it takes, though I think it's more likely the head unit doesn't have the power or the channels to drive the unused speakers. Those speakers aren't very expensive when purchase in the large quantities Tesla buys, so it may suit Tesla's needs to limit the number of different builds at that point in the line to put all the speaker in all the cars and determine which ones will be which model later.

I have read its pending a software update which is ridiculous considering it was included in the package yet not activated? Just like the LEDs.
I haven't seen any official comment on the immersive sound being disabled on the SR+. I do have the fog light option though which makes me wonder if their firmware release is botched.

What official comment do you want to see? The videos posted on YouTube shows that there is no immersive sound toggle in the audio settings.
I'd like to see a public facing statement from Tesla addressing the bugs reported by users of their newly released model and the timeline to fix. No company can legally sell a product and not provide the features listed. I know it's not the biggest deal to some, but the immersive audio feature also being included played a significant role in me choosing the SR+ over the MR.

Reactions: Big-T
I'd like to see a public facing statement from Tesla addressing the bugs reported by users of their newly released model and the timeline to fix. No company can legally sell a product and not provide the features listed. I know it's not the biggest deal to some, but the immersive audio feature also being included played a significant role in me choosing the SR+ over the MR.

dude just take it back. you are never going to be happy

some people here waited over 2 years for a model 3

I didn't but they did

you'll have it soon

I pre-ordered March 31, 2016 so I feel that. There were many a month where I contemplated refunding my deposit when Tesla seemed in trouble, but ultimately it was well worth the wait (regardless of this current issue).

I ordered my SR+, just after the Model Y reveal on 3/14. I've got a VIN, and hope to have the car sometime soon. This is a HUGE outlay of future capital, but I'm all good with it. I assumed that having a "beta tester" mentality, was almost an unofficial requirement for purchase. If I don't have the patience for this sort of thing, I should have just bought another Accord/Camry-esque appliance on wheels.