Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ heated rear seats and front fog lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Kona has got heated and ventilated front seats, and a heated steering wheel. Last winter we both loved the heated seats, and I loved the heated steering wheel. I’ll certainly miss the heated wheel with the M3.

The ventilated seats in summer - no. They feel rather... strange :confused:
i think directed hot air will hopefully o_Omore than makeup for the no heated steering wheel. wich i will miss from my xtrail :(

Really? Love me my heated seats on cold mornings.

Well, In my 7, the rear seats are activated in the rear. There is no fancy computer to turn them all on from the driver seat. And the buttons are on the side of the center console, which you have to pull down, it's normally hidden in the seat back.

So in the rare time I have a rear passenger, they have to know to pull the center seat back/console down and press the heat button.

I use the driver heated seat all the time...

The Kona has got heated and ventilated front seats, and a heated steering wheel. Last winter we both loved the heated seats, and I loved the heated steering wheel. I’ll certainly miss the heated wheel with the M3.

Don't know how you control the Kona, but the steering wheel issue is resolved by pre-heating the cabin in the mornings.

My routine will be to hit the pre-heating button as I make my coffee, so by the time I'm in the car the cabin is nice and toasty - no frozen steering wheel.

Reactions: ajp558 and Roy W.
Front fog lights are a PITA if you ask me. Too many drivers use them when not needed, annoying other road users. Then there's that completely stupid idea of turning them on and off as you turn the steering wheel. You see them going on and off as people navigate roundabouts. Pointless and annoying.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr Miserable
My SR+ that i have had since the 22nd Aug has Heated seats Front and back and still working today :)

You lucky devil! What firmware are you on?

Can you take a look at your final invoice from Tesla and let me know what Article codes you have? I wonder if they match mine. Here's mine:
Model Order.png

Same codes, same firmware as me. That's all REALLY strange. My VIN was in the 423XXX range so an earlier build which is even more confusing! You'd think the older VIN would be be more likely to have it!

It is really odd, not sure if just pot luck - It may get disabled next week with an update but who knows! Im sure some other people have it enabled in there SR+ but can not remember who it was

Edit - @Marc Roberts mentioned his are also working

Reactions: drewpost
To be honest, I'm not massively annoyed by it as both of my kids in the back seat are still in car seats so it's very rare anyone would need/ are use of heated seats and I can count the number of times I've needed to actually use front fogs over the past decade on one hand so it's not actually impacting me but it is a niggling thought!

That being said, if you came on here and said you had Premium Connectivity then I'd be properly jealous! I hope they pull their finger out and let us upgrade to that for the integrated Spotify streaming audio alone. I hate having to Bluetooth in. Coming from 2 cars with CarPlay, the Tesla system feels arse backwards.