Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR now 215 mile range, 0-60 in 5.1 (AWD?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ChrisH

Jun 4, 2013
Milton, wa
Havent seen this discussed anywhere yet? The new specs for the standard range model 3 is showing a range of 215 miles and a 0-60 of 5.1 seconds. The LR is now showing 0-60 in 4.5 seconds

Not a fan of the range downgrade albeit 5 Miles in minimal.

(Mod note: edited title to add AWD reference per following posts)

Last edited by a moderator:
LR 0-60 in 4.5s does that mean they’ve made improvements to the motor already?? Or just updating the numbers?.?
Dual motors has always been listed as 4.5 seconds.

IBUbj4r.png

I can’t imagine the dual motor standard will have less range than the RWD version.

Oh boy. Here we go again. ;)

See this thread. Let's discuss Dual Motor range

TL;DR, we’re still waiting on the official EPA numbers, but evidence suggests that the Model 3 AWD has less range than Model 3 RWD. To me, the fact that Tesla is advertising MT301 (Model 3 SR AWD) with a range of 215 miles vs MT300 (Model 3 SR RWD) with a range of 220 miles is pretty much confirmation that is true. Others are still holding out hope that somehow MT302 (LR RWD), MT303 (LR AWD), and MT304 (P) are different from an efficiency standpoint but most likely, Tesla just lowered their actual ranges to different degrees to get them all to the same 310 miles advertised range.

Last edited:
Oh boy. Here we go again. ;)

See this thread. Let's discuss Dual Motor range

TL;DR, we’re still waiting on the official EPA numbers, but evidence suggests that the Model 3 AWD has less range than Model 3 RWD. To me, the fact that Tesla is advertising MT301 (Model 3 SR AWD) with a range of 215 miles vs MT300 (Model 3 SR RWD) with a range of 220 miles is pretty much confirmation that is true. Others are still holding out that somehow MT302 (LR RWD), MT303 (LR AWD), and MT304 (P) are different from an efficiency standpoint but most likely, Tesla just lowered their actual ranges to different degrees to get them all to the same 310 miles advertised range.

Lol right?

Just make the darn SR RWD please. I will still pay $46,000. I just don’t need the long range battery for my driving habits/needs. (Also would stretch me more thin financially to have to pay $3375-$5250 (adjusted after tax credits) extra for LR)

LR 0-60 in 4.5s does that mean they’ve made improvements to the motor already?? Or just updating the numbers?.?

Their website apparently isn't finished...

The comparison shows the P, LR AWD and LR with 3.5, 4.5 and 5.1s. But if you don't click on compare all, they just show the AWD versions, but not the RWD versions. That's why they show 3.5, 4.5 and 5.1 for P LR AWD and SR AWD. With the ranges 310, 310 and 215.

Not sure why they forgot to mention the only vehicle that's actually delivered right now.

Also interesting:
The Standard Range AWD vehicle is advertised with the same weight, as the RWD SR. So I guess there are more mistakes in there, than just that...

Their website apparently isn't finished...

The comparison shows the P, LR AWD and LR with 3.5, 4.5 and 5.1s. But if you don't click on compare all, they just show the AWD versions, but not the RWD versions. That's why they show 3.5, 4.5 and 5.1 for P LR AWD and SR AWD. With the ranges 310, 310 and 215.

Not sure why they forgot to mention the only vehicle that's actually delivered right now.

Also interesting:
The Standard Range AWD vehicle is advertised with the same weight, as the RWD SR. So I guess there are more mistakes in there, than just that...
Where do you see the SR AWD stuff?

edit: n/m reading helps. Yes, that's probably a typo. They've already changed this section once due to errors since it went live.

Where do you see the SR AWD stuff?

edit: n/m reading helps. Yes, that's probably a typo. They've already changed this section once due to errors since it went live.

The German website still shows the old S vs 3 comparison and they didn't even bother to calculate miles into kilometers, or cubic feet in liter.

If there were a "lazy website administration award" Tesla could add another award to their trophy case...

Wish the AWD was offered when I first ordered the car. 0.6 second improvement + the benefits in stability with dual motor is well worth $4k. Still hoping they uncork the first production models to get closer to the dual motor performance. The Model S 75 vs 75d was only a 0.1 second difference after the uncork so I feel it should be possible with the 3 unless I'm missing something.