Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$65k for a PA 2021 Refresh Blue Model S LR with FSD only 12.5k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dealer only auction, so it’s wholesale. Folks here were lowballing this car.

And it hurts because even at $60k, it just paid off the loan. My late father took quite a bath on this car - down payment plus loan payments works out to something ridiculous like >$4 cost per mile driven. He was a fan, owner, and investor of Tesla since 2013.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon001
Dealer only auction, so it’s wholesale. Folks here were lowballing this car.

And it hurts because even at $60k, it just paid off the loan. My late father took quite a bath on this car - down payment plus loan payments works out to something ridiculous like >$4 cost per mile driven. He was a fan, owner, and investor of Tesla since 2013.
While these wild price swings seem to help Tesla in the short term, I can't imagine it's going to do them much good in the long term. Sorry to hear you took a bath on the car although if your dad has had tesla stock since 2013 he probably did pretty well on that.

Reactions: Rockstop
Once again sorry for your loss.
While on auction topic, it’s good to see dealers are still paying this much. While looking at dealers auctions before the price cut 22 LR were going for about 65-67. So decent price for ‘21
Hard to know because OP didn't tell us when he sold it. Could have been before the price cuts. I'd be surprised if a '21 brought 60k at auction after the price cuts.

The car sold today. A similar 2021 Tesla Model S LR with FSD sold in NY for $61k as well after price cuts. These are the going wholesale price for the car.
Id have to know the mileage but anyway 61k wholesale is probably a 65k sale price at best. It's also possible that the price cut isn't widely known or that buyer had a purchaser lined up. These cars don't really run through the auctions very much to get a real sense of the going rates. In any event, you cite good evidence for a 65k purchase price and 60k wholesale price. But personally I'd just pay an extra 10k for a new one than buy a 2021. The warranty alone is worth it.

Reactions: cucubits
As long as Tesla continues lowering prices we all are going to feel the pain. BUT Tesla has ALWAYS said they are going to make their cars more affordable. I'm sure there will be a "FLOOR" and we may get there but this is the plan and we are part of it, like it or not