TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sr+ Rear Heated Seats?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by sgreenstonenj, Jun 22, 2019.

1. sgreenstonenj

sgreenstonenj Member

I just got my SR+ on Thursday. It seems if I going into climate control and click the bottom tab on the left for heated seats, I have rear heated seats. Thought that was only in the Full Premium models?

2. JulienW

JulienW Active Member

Probably will be deleted the first update you do.

3. qdeathstar

qdeathstar Member

Makes me wonder if we can pay to unlock them. I’d consider paying depending on the cost..

4. Darwood77

Darwood77 Member

When I got mine last week, it was on 2019.15.102. Had functional heated rear seats. It updated to 2019.20.4.2 a few days later and they’re still active. For now...

5. jacknjot

jacknjot Member

Just picked my SR+ yesterday and was testing the rear heaters..they work! Hoping they stay after an update I'm on 2019.15.103, would definitely pay for the upgrade if I had to

6. danix

danix Member

I've already updated and mine are still on. If they came with the car day one, they better stay on.

• Disagree x 2
  7. BeachK

BeachK Member

Update will knock it out sooner or later

8. willow_hiller

willow_hiller Active Member

I've got a March 2019 SR+. No heated rear seats.

You didn't pay for heated rear seats, why do you think Tesla shouldn't take them away?

• Like x 2
  9. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

They have let a lot of things accidentally slip through on SR+. Enjoy it while you can, hopefully they don't remove it.

My friend's SR+ has auto park and summon but not lane change when in AP.

• Like x 1
  10. OCCanuck

OCCanuck Member

I too have heated rear seats on my June 2019 SR+. I am currently on 2019.20.4.2 and they are still active. Hopefully they will still work once it gets "cold" here in SoCal.

11. Ragnarkov

Ragnarkov Deep Blue Metalic SR+ w/ Sports Rims

I got my SR+ a few days ago, and the person doing my walkthrough/tutorial specifically mentioned that I had them enabled, but they would become disabled at some point in the near future.

I hope they add an "upgrade" price to enable them down the road. It gets cold for at least a few months up here in Canada.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. Eiggerris

Eiggerris New Member

I just lost my rear heat function after 3 months.

• Like x 1
  13. OCCanuck

OCCanuck Member

What version of the OS are you running on your SR+? Is your car a June 2019 build?

Thanks

14. CarterStC

CarterStC Member

Would you check if Tesla-Screen, which has seat heater buttons, can activate them in your car?

15. Daddywolf

Daddywolf Member

SR+ picked up 6/19 - rear heated seats went away this week.

16. Chetanh

Chetanh Member

Will be interesting if it still works with Tesla-Screen. Rear heated seats will be handy in the winter

• Like x 1
  17. SBTM3

SBTM3 New Member

I had the heated rear seats in my SR+ In June. After an update they are gone. I don’t understand the point in having the capability but not giving access or even an option to purchase it. Also why give it and then take it away? My kids are not happy they are gone. It was their favorite thing about the car. It’s already there - it’s 0 cost to Tesla to enable them. Why restrict them? Seems petty.

18. OCCanuck

OCCanuck Member

Because we didn't pay for them? I lost mine this week as well. The partial premium list in June specifically mentioned heated front seats; heated rear seats only came with the full premium interior.

It is cheaper to build one type of interior and unlock the features that the buyer is willing to pay for. My coworker has a Jeep that is fully capable of having a GPS system in the head unit. If he wants to use it he has to buy an unlock code for $600.