Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sr+ Rear Heated Seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my SR+ a few days ago, and the person doing my walkthrough/tutorial specifically mentioned that I had them enabled, but they would become disabled at some point in the near future.

I hope they add an "upgrade" price to enable them down the road. It gets cold for at least a few months up here in Canada.

I had the heated rear seats in my SR+ In June. After an update they are gone. I don’t understand the point in having the capability but not giving access or even an option to purchase it. Also why give it and then take it away? My kids are not happy they are gone. It was their favorite thing about the car. It’s already there - it’s 0 cost to Tesla to enable them. Why restrict them? Seems petty.

I had the heated rear seats in my SR+ In June. After an update they are gone. I don’t understand the point in having the capability but not giving access or even an option to purchase it. Also why give it and then take it away? My kids are not happy they are gone. It was their favorite thing about the car. It’s already there - it’s 0 cost to Tesla to enable them. Why restrict them? Seems petty.

Because we didn't pay for them? I lost mine this week as well. The partial premium list in June specifically mentioned heated front seats; heated rear seats only came with the full premium interior.

It is cheaper to build one type of interior and unlock the features that the buyer is willing to pay for. My coworker has a Jeep that is fully capable of having a GPS system in the head unit. If he wants to use it he has to buy an unlock code for $600.